Peugeot Forums banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
241 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Hi everyone,

I'm new here, but some of you may know me from other forums such as TDOCUK and pug306.net...

The reason I have moved over here is because I am interested in knowing which ECU's are fitted to the 307 HDIs.

For those who don't know, the 2.0 HDI engine can come with the Bosch EDC15C2 (this can be accessed with many tools, the ECU software is easy to understand), or the Siemens SID system (this needs to be taken out of the car to read/write, and the software is much more complicated).

It would seem that there aren't many tuners who can tune the Siemens system properly, so I would like to give it a go. To do this I need a project car to work on, which must have the Siemens system. I could either ring up lots of private advertisers and ask them to look at the ECU, to which I don't think I would get a very good response, or I thought it would be easier to ask you guys!

I was thinking we could make a database of the ECU type, the power and the age. For example: Siemens SID, 110 BHP, 2001.

To find the ECU you need to look under the fuse box cover. The ECU codes would also be useful too. For example the bosch ECU's will start with 028101****

Any input would be greatly appreciated :)

Steve

·
Registered
1,045 Posts
EDC15C2 is fitted to most 110 engines i have only seen the Siemens on some 90BHP and 136BHP i have yet to see a bosch on a 136BHP tho i was told that some are out there using the EDC16 but am sure thats on the 2005+ 307s

·
Registered
241 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I think the newer 16v 2.0 HDI is what uses the EDC16, and obviously the 1.6 HDI uses it too. I'm not quite sure what cars come with the 2.0 16v though as I never get involved with the new ones!

·
Registered
136 Posts
EDC15C2 is fitted to most 110 engines i have only seen the Siemens on some 90BHP and 136BHP i have yet to see a bosch on a 136BHP tho i was told that some are out there using the EDC16 but am sure thats on the 2005+ 307s
I've been told they never made Bosch ECU's for the 136bhp engine. I know the ECU in my 136 is definitely a Siemens. My sister's 90bhp 307 has a Bosch ECU.

·
Registered
241 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
It seems that most 110 models have the Bosch ECU. I know the 2.2 HDI 136 BHP also has Bosch EDC15C2 as I have worked on one of those recently.
Anybody else with a 90BHP care to add to this? :)

·
Registered
1,045 Posts
I've been told they never made Bosch ECU's for the 136bhp engine. I know the ECU in my 136 is definitely a Siemens. My sister's 90bhp 307 has a Bosch ECU.
your spot on i was thinking about the 2.2 hdi has ive a high pressure pump to pick up from my mate, but i seen on a forum someone using the 136bhp with a bosch EDC15 or was it a 16v head on the 8Valve lump maybe steve knows about this?

·
Registered
241 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I'm quite sure the 2.2 HDI is 16V. I know these are Bosch as I've worked on one, and seen lots of other files from them, plus lots of people use the R70 fuel pump from them. If they were Siemens then the pump would be Siemens too surely?

·
Registered
241 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
I thought I would get more of a response than this! Is there another forum that 307 owners go on where I might get a few more replies?

I get asked if I can do the Siemens system most days, so I know there are lots of people who have it in their car, just maybe not on this forum...?

·
Registered
9,733 Posts
I thought I would get more of a response than this! Is there another forum that 307 owners go on where I might get a few more replies?

I get asked if I can do the Siemens system most days, so I know there are lots of people who have it in their car, just maybe not on this forum...?
Hope you find one , Bye :wave2:

S

·
0 Posts
Betty telling it like it is haha!

Mines a 2003 90 with a siemens but no buggers using my baby as a test rig! :eek:

·
Registered
241 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Thanks, I've also seen the 90's with the Bosch ECU, so I don't think there is any pattern with it!

I won't be using anybodies car as a test rig, I'll buy one for my brother and let him drive it around!

·
Registered
241 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
With the Siemens I think it is an ECU out job, and a BDM should be able to write it. At least I hope so. I know it can't be done through OBD like the Bosch ECUs.

Once the data is copied off of it a lot of work will be involved as the factors used in the Siemens system seem to be a little random, and maps aren't easy to find like the Bosch system. This is why I need to buy one to learn it as I expect it would take a little while to figure it out.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Hey Steve,

As you know mines got the Siemens ECU, it's from
2001 and is the 90BHP model. Glad to see your looking into this, I was very disappoint ted to hear you couldn't do mine because of the Siemens box, especially After hearing the raving reviews you get!

Best of luck finding a tester, I'd offer but I'm 2 hours away from you!

Stefan

1 - 20 of 24 Posts