Peugeot Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
136 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Following on from my post here http://www.peugeotforums.com/forums/307-38/2-0-hdi-110-non-starter-109866/

I have decided to swap out the ECU AND BSI units. There is a few on ebay and will be buying as a "kit" as i know they have to match, from the same car.

As i am down South and the cars up North, ideally it will be plug n play, as my PP200 is not with the car to do any programming too.

I am looking at one, which the seller tells me will work, but looking at the photo, the fuse layout on the BSI units are different, his is from a 2003 car mine is a 2002.
Also if it comes with key fob and the transponder from around the ignition, it shouldn't need re-programming?
Thanks, Mike

My Unit

[/URL][/IMG]

Ebay Unit

 

·
Moderator
Joined
·
11,780 Posts
Unless you're certain you've damaged your BSI, I'd look into retracing the steps your dad took when working on the car.

If it were me I'd check everything completely, maybe even undoing some of the work, then get a second Planet opinion, then I'd send my BSI to BBA REMAN for testing.

Only if all those failed would I start messing with a new BSI.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
136 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Unless you're certain you've damaged your BSI, I'd look into retracing the steps your dad took when working on the car.

If it were me I'd check everything completely, maybe even undoing some of the work, then get a second Planet opinion, then I'd send my BSI to BBA REMAN for testing.

Only if all those failed would I start messing with a new BSI.
I think I have undone what he did. I did think about sending it to BBA, but that's £35, and the kits on ebay are only about £70.
I am 240 miles away from the car, so its hard to spend time experimenting, which is what it needs really.
Mike
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
136 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Unless you're certain you've damaged your BSI, I'd look into retracing the steps your dad took when working on the car.

If it were me I'd check everything completely, maybe even undoing some of the work, then get a second Planet opinion, then I'd send my BSI to BBA REMAN for testing.

Only if all those failed would I start messing with a new BSI.
Change of mind, going to send it to BBA. I'll let you know the outcome.
Mike
 
1 - 4 of 4 Posts
Top