Peugeot Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Hi All,
My son has a 2001 106 1.1 petrol and the clutch is gone. We can get a decent price on a LUK kit but are unsure which part number we need. Can anyone help?
VIN starts VF31CHFXF if that helps.

ECS says LUK 641540150 which is also the same as LUK 618169300 but the ones I have seen end 090 iirc!!

Really appreciate any help and links if at all possible!

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #2 (Edited)
OK, so it looks like the first 2 part numbers are for an earlier car.
ECS only seem to do a Transmech, AP or Sachs ( even though they list as a LUK ) but those numbers appear to be for earlier cars as well except the Transmech!

Ive found LuK 618308900 which I think is correct, can anyone confirm.
Finally, is there any other decent alternative. Ive read bad things about the Transmech....anyone had a good experience with them?

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks Gibbo.
Will look for some Valeo part numbers. Thanks for the FAQ link, I guess I jumped in a bit quick.
Full VIN is VF31CHFXF52660792 if that helps get a part number.

·
Registered
14,253 Posts
You are putting way to much effort into this just buy a clutch for the car most TU engine clutches are the same the only thing that changed over the years is the diameters depending on engine size IE bigger engine bigger clutch but even that is limited by the size of the MA gearbox bellhousing.

I have never used a part number to source a clutch !

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
You are putting way to much effort into this just buy a clutch for the car most TU engine clutches are the same the only thing that changed over the years is the diameters depending on engine size IE bigger engine bigger clutch but even that is limited by the size of the MA gearbox bellhousing.

I have never used a part number to source a clutch !
I hear you but when I go online and one site says yes it will fit but another says no it wont, things get a little confusing. Pretty sure its a 180mm clutch needed. I think the car has the MA gearbox and is fitted with the HFX engine as per the VIN so it is the TU1JP 1.1 injected unit.

Putting the registration number into various car sites pulls up parts designed for pre 97 cars. When you tell them its a 2001 why would that happen???

I just want to buy a clutch, and the right one first time. Ive been told Valeo is the preferred make and have come up with either the 821340 or 786022.
So far, the 821340 is looking like the correct one, just want to be sure. Nothing wrong in that is there?

·
Registered
14,253 Posts
As I say all TU engines are essentially the same all have MA boxes well nearly all !!

If you have a 180mm clutch thats all that matters part no is irrelevant.

Reason you get older bits showing as fitting is that they do as they are all pretty much the same !

·
Registered
881 Posts
You just go to GSF or Euro with your reg` number and ask for a clutch kit.If you know the diameter of the plate it would be handy.Better still take the old unit and say give me one of those.
The problem with ordering via the internet is it puts all the decision making with the customer,which is wrong.
I`m used to relying on an experienced partsman,either face to face or over the phone,it is his job to come up with the correct part.Then if he is a good sales person he would suggest two driveshaft oil seals and 2 ltrs of gearbox oil to go with the job.

·
Registered
39 Posts
Early and late had same clutches but with different pattern pressure plates. Your 1.1 will use a 180mm clutch. The early pressure plate has six fixing bolts to hold it to the flywheel, arranged as three pairs if that makes sense. The later pressure plate has six bolts equispaced.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts