Peugeot Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited by Moderator)
I have a 407 coupe 2006 and I bought dashcam with parking mode 6 months ago. I still haven't been able to identify which cabin fuse (behind "glove" compartment between steering wheel and the door) has current after the car has been off for hours.
I got to F8 and thought it would work, but it still turns off power 10-20 minutes after leaving the car. Obviously, parking more requires permanent current.

Any ideas?

*mod* some post content reduced but question still intact

·
Registered
14,964 Posts
None are permanently powered as the BSI switches everything off after 3 mins.

There are permanently live power wires but not the fuses themselves.

·
Registered
815 Posts
You should have a secondary fuse board above the BSI's fuses. It uses the standard fuses. Those are all live permanently as it has a direct feed from the battery.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
You should have a secondary fuse board above the BSI's fuses. It uses the standard fuses. Those are all live permanently as it has a direct feed from the battery.
"Above BSI fuses" - you mean in the same compartment?

Do you mean those rectangles in white here?
autogenius.info/wp-content/uploads/2016/06/Peugeot-407-fuse-box-fascia-box-300x277.jpg

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thanks for the pointers.
I plugged the camera to one of these, but camera still goes off after ~1 day. It is an improvement, but still not utilising parking mode as it supposed to be used.

Is there no fuse with permanent power in that car?

·
Registered
14,964 Posts
As already said the BSI controls the power feeds so all fuses go dead when the BSI goes to sleep but the main power suggested should be live all the time maybe its the camera not functioning as you expect rather than the car.

·
Registered
815 Posts
I would check the camera too...... remove it and power it up using a 5v plug charger to make sure it doesn't turn off after a day.

I can't remember what I was doing but I found those three wires feeding the BSI/Accessory fuses, it ends up in the engine bay "dumb" fusebox and is powered 24/7.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts