Peugeot Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have got an 07 plate 807.
It came with two keys. One key was used most of the time and the rubber over the buttons perished away. But with sufficient pushing it still worked. Until eventually it would work to unlock the car but the engine immobiliser was not disengaged (though after a lot of key turning it would sometimes start).
So the second key has come into use and the rubber on this is starting to go.

From what I read I could just get a new rubber fob and get the blade, battery and "works" (transponder??) swapped over - (for the second key). But would the same work for the first key (that doesn't "unlock" the immobiliser????
Or do I need to go to the full extent of a completely new key and reprogramming. If so what is a guide-price for this full-on service?

·
Registered
14,941 Posts
If its an 807 it will have the later flip style key with the remote and transponder on the same board these keys do seem to die completely so you probably wont get away with just a case as your electronics may be stuffed too and thats why it was hard to start.

The remote ONLY locks/unlocks the car it has nothing to do with the immobiliser which sounds like you are also having a problem with.

·
Registered
4,779 Posts
Me being a vehicle locksmith I stay away from using genuine keys for these because they are unreliable so I have a completely different style of aftermarket key

1 - 3 of 3 Posts