Peugeot Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey everyone,

I had my aircon re-gassed yesterday (first time since I bought it 18 months ago), and unfortunately the motor doesn't kick in when I press the aircon button in my car. I called a local (2nd hand) parts supplier a minute ago, and they said that there are variations of the motor, and that they need me to show them the removed part, in order for them to know which replacement I need. When I asked if they could just work it out by looking at the part while it's attached to my car, they said that they definitely needed it to be removed.

Is this right? Is there any other way of finding out which one I need? I don't want to try to remove it myself, because I wouldn't know how to deal with the gas etc, and don't really want to spend on extra labour at my local garage, just so that I can show the parts supplier the removed part.

Any advice would be much-appreciated!

·
2,632 Posts
Hi..the pumps are pretty robust..have you put a direct feed to the pump to check as there are a other things that could cause air-con not to engage ?

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks for the advice guys. I’ll have to see if I can borrow a voltage meter. What would I need to give it a direct feed? (Apologies for the newbie questions)

·
2,632 Posts
Hi...I'm suprised the firm the check the gas did'nt do a brief check..but hey...check the feed to the pump first..the plug will come off the pump when a small catch is pressed on the pump and the check for voltage with the engine running and switched on...perhaps a quick fuse check first....

1 - 6 of 6 Posts