Peugeot Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi There,
I am in the market for an MPV having now outgrown our Puegeot 406 estate (7 seat) as we now have three kids and a dog.

Having had diesels in both my previous Puegeots, 306 & 406, the natural choice for me is an 807 - the question is which one. I am favouring the 2.2 HDI rather than the 2.0 HDI as I beleive the additional power will be needed especially when fully loaded with Kids, dog & luggage for a 2 week holiday. I'm also favouring the 6 speed manual rather than 5 speed or automatic. Any advice / experience form other forum members would be appreciated in this regard.

Have been looking around now for a few weeks, I have a choice of 2 x 807's - both 2.2 HDI executives. One is 18 months old with 12,000 miles, the other is 9 months old with 14,000 miles. The 18 month old one is standard with velour interior while the 8 month old is leather interior and also has three sunroofsfitted. The difference in price between them is ? 3500.00 and as I plan to keep the car for aroud 6 years or so, I am undecided as to which one to go for as I'm not sure I will be able to recover the ? 3500.00 difference in price when I come to sell it.

Also I've read some reports that there can be problems with leaking sunroofs on 807's & C8's.

If any one has any direct experience they can share or advise on which one I should spend my money on, I'd greatly appreciate it.

·
Registered
13 Posts
505 v6

pugnut said:
Hi There,
I am in the market for an MPV having now outgrown our Puegeot 406 estate (7 seat) as we now have three kids and a dog.

Having had diesels in both my previous Puegeots, 306 & 406, the natural choice for me is an 807 - the question is which one. I am favouring the 2.2 HDI rather than the 2.0 HDI as I beleive the additional power will be needed especially when fully loaded with Kids, dog & luggage for a 2 week holiday. I'm also favouring the 6 speed manual rather than 5 speed or automatic. Any advice / experience form other forum members would be appreciated in this regard.

Have been looking around now for a few weeks, I have a choice of 2 x 807's - both 2.2 HDI executives. One is 18 months old with 12,000 miles, the other is 9 months old with 14,000 miles. The 18 month old one is standard with velour interior while the 8 month old is leather interior and also has three sunroofsfitted. The difference in price between them is ? 3500.00 and as I plan to keep the car for aroud 6 years or so, I am undecided as to which one to go for as I'm not sure I will be able to recover the ? 3500.00 difference in price when I come to sell it.

Also I've read some reports that there can be problems with leaking sunroofs on 807's & C8's.

If any one has any direct experience they can share or advise on which one I should spend my money on, I'd greatly appreciate it.

is your 1986 Peugeot 505V6 Manual a factory model or a transplant with a 604 motor?
and where are you from?
garry :) :)

·
Registered
9 Posts
I don't wish to scare you but I'm not sure anyone should keep an 807 (or C8 or Ulysse) for 6 years - especially if it is not brand new when you buy it!

I think it is basically 'pot-luck' whether you get a good one or a bad one but when it goes wrong out of warranty it will almost certainly be expensive!

My C8 is 2 years old and it is going on Saturday for something better

They are lovely cars to drive and the BEST CAR YOU CAN DRIVE for the money, but if you have more money, look elsewhere.

·
Registered
39 Posts
bby said:
I don't wish to scare you but I'm not sure anyone should keep an 807 (or C8 or Ulysse) for 6 years - especially if it is not brand new when you buy it!

I think it is basically 'pot-luck' whether you get a good one or a bad one but when it goes wrong out of warranty it will almost certainly be expensive!

My C8 is 2 years old and it is going on Saturday for something better

They are lovely cars to drive and the BEST CAR YOU CAN DRIVE for the money, but if you have more money, look elsewhere.
im confused at this post? so are u selling your 807 or why shouldnt one keep it if have more money when u also say really good car?

1 - 7 of 7 Posts