Peugeot Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
As the title asks does anyone know what this sound comes from? it usually appears around 20-40km/h and usually after shifting between 2-3-4 gear and/ or turning and straightening out. I've had the car in to check the breaks but no faults have been found.

skip to about 40seks into the clip

·
Registered
Peugeot 4007, 2013.
1,990 Posts
It's a harmonic noise responding to vibration, (that is, something resonating from the vibrations of the car).
Is there any vibration accompanying the noise that seems unusual to you.
Can you narrower down the general location of where it might be coming from.

·
Registered
175 Posts
I have similar situation and by my observation it seems that is coming from the front passenger seat. When someone is sitting there is no such sound on the same road with same speed so i conclude that. I must point out that in last months it totally disappeared and maybe it is because I moved the seat in another position.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
from my observation, it seems to come from the right side in front of the passenger seat (that's where I laid my phone to catch the sound), and I can usually repeat the sound when turning every so slightly to the left. Also sometimes it doesn't appear at all for days or weeks and then suddenly it comes back... tiny vibrations in the steering wheel

·
Registered
Peugeot 4007, 2013.
1,990 Posts
Look around the location you have identified. Something is * producing the noise ( * see below) and possibly different to what is responding to the noise or can be just the responder, even get someone else in the car to drive and then try to locate the noise again. Need to at least isolate and find the responder (harmonic) as being produced in the cabin or outside it because a broken part may or for example an undone bolt with washer on it, will respond randomly to normal vibrations with a harmonic tone.

* For example - On the drivetrain side, a universal joint or CV joint on the way out can produce the vibration required for the harmonic noise response, but they would be way more consistent which I believe allows you to rule them out at this stage. An engine or transmission mount, that going bad, might explain randomness and slight vibration in steering felt.

Hope you find this helpful.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.