Peugeot Forums banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi. My first thread, having managed to fail to register last time I tried :)

Am wondering if anyone recognises this driveshaft as I'm completely stuck.

My Peugeot Partner 54 plate van has unusual inner joints with a strange triangular shape that means I'd need a triangular gaiter.

Nothing wrong with the driveshafts, so don't want to replace them, but they need new gaiters inner and outer. In a way, if I can't get the inner gaiters it's not really worth spending any money on the outer gaiter.

Have used Haynes book of lies, but this doesn't look like either the PSA or GKN type driveshaft, so I'm assuming it's an aftermarket replacement.

Any ideas? Anyone seen a driveshaft like this before? Any ideas would be much appreciated...

Photos show O/S driveshaft with existing inner gaiter removed.

Unfortunately I'm not allowed to post links, but if you look in my album 'Ric2013's Album' , you'll see them. Sorry.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Put www in front of these addresses, as I can't post links :(

.peugeotforums.com/forums/members/ric2013-417673/albums/ric2013-s-album-1945/7913-where-do-i-get-gaiter-like/

.peugeotforums.com/forums/members/ric2013-417673/albums/ric2013-s-album-1945/7921-weird-driveshaft-peugeot-partner-54-plate-van/

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Hi.

I've just realised the gaitor is a GKN.

Still struggling with stockists for this 3 lobed boot though. Any ideas?

Product code is INEPSA 1-10 >CR< [then illegible date codes] GSP 1442301-G GTE 1072728 - 3214298-G GKN 20001

which doesn't seem to be getting me very far...

Still stuck...

·
Registered
153 Posts
Hi. My first thread, having managed to fail to register last time I tried :)

Am wondering if anyone recognises this driveshaft as I'm completely stuck.

My Peugeot Partner 54 plate van has unusual inner joints with a strange triangular shape that means I'd need a triangular gaiter.

Nothing wrong with the driveshafts, so don't want to replace them, but they need new gaiters inner and outer. In a way, if I can't get the inner gaiters it's not really worth spending any money on the outer gaiter.

Have used Haynes book of lies, but this doesn't look like either the PSA or GKN type driveshaft, so I'm assuming it's an aftermarket replacement.

Any ideas? Anyone seen a driveshaft like this before? Any ideas would be much appreciated...

Photos show O/S driveshaft with existing inner gaiter removed.

Unfortunately I'm not allowed to post links, but if you look in my album 'Ric2013's Album' , you'll see them. Sorry.
what i usually do is remove most of the old boot with a craft knife,leaving just the lobed part,then clean it and stretch a suitable boot over whats left,secure with glue and a strong clip,done it many times,i know this post is a few months old but it may help others

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
As an update, I went into Motor Parts Direct and asked if they had one of these (showing the old one). Chap looked it up and it was listed for a different model but fitted well. Hope this helps others.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.