Peugeot Forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
580 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hi guys hoping you can help. we have just brought a 307 sw and have fitted a dvd player in the back for little one and also want to be able to have phone charger and sat nav on at same time.
rather than having a fag lighter splitter box i would like to wire in a constant live feed from somewhere and hard wire in dvd, sat nav and phone leads. question is where is the best place to take the feed from???? would it be better to come from battery and run it in to the car if so where is the best place to run it though???? or is there somewhere in the car i can take it from without killing any of the other electrics as peugeot electrics scare me although i used to be a mobile service engineer on electric vehicles

J

·
0 Posts
I personally would be looking at taking it off the 12v feed to the existing cigarette lighter - that way you know its fused, and in essence no different on power to using one of those splitters :nod:

·
Registered
580 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
only problem with that is the existing cigarette lighter is ignition controlled and the problem we have with that is if we stop to fill up with fuel or something else dvd goes off then starts at the start again on start up and im fed up of listening to the first waybuloos on the disc we have in there

J

·
0 Posts
I'd be dubious if it were me of fitting something that is permanently on - it wouldn't take much to flatten the battery in this case.

·
Registered
387 Posts
I would have thought that the phone charger & sat nav would not be able to pull any power when the car is switch off as you would remove them anyway.

·
Registered
673 Posts
up to running dvd sat nav and phone charger and stereo at same time?
i would be dubious about running all them things at the same time from one live....what about a feed from the stereo for the phone and nav and another feed from the fag lighter in the back for the dvd's.....fast forward is a marvellous technological breakthrough for skipping the dreaded waybaloos..lol.....:D

·
Registered
387 Posts
i would be dubious about running all them things at the same time from one live....what about a feed from the stereo for the phone and nav and another feed from the fag lighter in the back for the dvd's.....fast forward is a marvellous technological breakthrough for skipping the dreaded waybaloos..lol.....:D
Agreed :thumb:

·
Registered
580 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Have you thought about this Automotive Time-Delay Relay

A 30min time delay relay. It will give you 30mins after ignition off before the live feed is cut.

liking the lok of this thanks. will have a dig about the car at the weekend to see if i can find a nice easy route though from the battery to the pass compartment

·
Registered
821 Posts
I'd be dubious if it were me of fitting something that is permanently on - it wouldn't take much to flatten the battery in this case.
Completely agreed on that.

only problem with that is the existing cigarette lighter is ignition controlled and the problem we have with that is if we stop to fill up with fuel or something else dvd goes off then starts at the start again on start up and im fed up of listening to the first waybuloos on the disc we have in there
Its not much of a player if it doesnt have resume function, even my tv has it. :) Check, maybe you do have it but its disabled.

Here's what i would do:

Connect the ground to MC51 (or MC46, which ever you prefer), and live to 50 P/B going to EB08, shared by com2000 and telephone transmitter (if present), protected by F8 20A fuse. Run the wires next to the middle console (or under the door trim plastic in case of MC46) What you would get is it behaving same as radio, working with ignition on or off, but turned off once economy mode kicks in and cuts it. :) i think... :D

1 - 13 of 13 Posts