Peugeot Forums banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
301 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i think i need to check my fuel additive reservoir and probably top up on the additive, and I want to do it myself.....where can i buy it at a reasonable price...?

J

·
0 Posts
Peugeot only I'm afraid.... and its not cheap! Had mine done on my 407, and the fluid was approx £80-£90, plus you have to get it reset, either by Peugeot or someone with Planet.

·
Registered
301 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
but in the guide it says its only been tried and tested on 406 and 607 without any issues.....

have you done it on your 307 betty?

·
Registered
301 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
would be good just to get confirmation from someone who has done it on a 307 hdi before i go ahead with it......would the car be screwed if i de-fap'ed it and it didnt work?

is it even that bad for the car if you just keep driving it without cleaning the fap filter or adding any additive? its only an engine warning light i have to put up with.....

·
Registered
9,733 Posts
would be good just to get confirmation from someone who has done it on a 307 hdi before i go ahead with it......would the car be screwed if i de-fap'ed it and it didnt work?

is it even that bad for the car if you just keep driving it without cleaning the fap filter or adding any additive? its only an engine warning light i have to put up with.....
I know off 307`s that have been done with no issue , you can`t just leave it you have to do something , it will clog and stop, do some research and search the web , it feels like a big thing to do if you`ve never done anything like this before , i have been where you are :thumb:

·
Registered
301 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I'm really keen to do the de-fap and ill do lots of research into it, maybe someone with a bit more experience could show me how to do it....i dont mind driving somewhere if someone would offer to help....

i took a look at ur photos betty, the car in your brother in laws pitt looks similar to mine...did he do it on his?

im also attracted to the fact that i can get better mpg by de-fapping....whats the reason behind this?

·
Registered
301 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
great article, cheers for that, but im keen to go the whole way and de-fap....why wait! ive just got to do some research now..!

·
Registered
92 Posts
Hi I've spoken to Frank Massey of Automotive Diagnostic Solutions in Preston , and it seems there are some versions of the software that cant be rewriten to remove the FAP , check it out before knocking the filter out. Google Frank Massey then register for his online magazine , interesting viewing. John.

·
Registered
301 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
so is it now a bad idea to de-fap my 307..?

i also thought for MOT emissions test will they fail me because ive de-fapp'ed ?

·
Registered
301 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
if the software cant be rewritten for the 307 hdi, does that just mean that i'll have the engine warning light always on once ive removed the fap....?

·
Super Moderator
1,783 Posts
Can the car not be put on planet and told not to regen until a million miles? Thus curing the problem?

·
Registered
176 Posts
I got the JLM fluid to replace the elyos because it burns/activates at lower temperature apparently.

I no longer get filter blocked alarms (motor management) on the dash so it seems to be working but I still want to give my DPF a good power hosing.

The info is on their site
Diesel Particulate Filter Cleaner Fluid/ DPF Cleaner from JLM Lubricants / Filtre a Particular / PAT fluid / FAP liquide

There's probably some supplier near you where you can pick it up.

Yes you can fill the reservoir yourself
Yes the stuff is poisonous
Yes you need to jack the back of the car up to access the reservoir.
Yes you need to tell the ECU you have refilled the reservoir.
Yes there is an instruction on YouTube somewhere showing how to refill the reservoir.
NO you can't mix elyos and jlm, flush the tank out if there's any elyos fluid left.
NO you can't just dump the old fluid as it is chemical waste; you need to bring it to a separate section of your local dump (same as car batteries).

http://www.peugeotforums.com/forums/maintenance-9/how-fill-your-additive-guide-12081/
http://www.peugeotforums.com/forums/307-38/particulate-filter-eolys-fluid-5888/index2.html

I hope this info is of some use.

·
Registered
92 Posts
if the software cant be rewritten for the 307 hdi, does that just mean that i'll have the engine warning light always on once ive removed the fap....?
I don't think its just a 307 problem , depends on the system as far as I know. maybe the moderators can try and get Frank to contribute but he is a very busy man.

1 - 20 of 23 Posts