Peugeot Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
182 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
..for the rear parking sensors?

I have a 407 se Hdi, 56 reg saloon. The rear parking sensors have stopped working, see thread here http://www.peugeotforums.com/forums/407-41/rear-parking-sensor-fault-70737/

Looking around the net, others have said it could be the fuse. However I cannot see which fuse is for the rear parking sensors?

Someone suggested the 30A F12 same as the alarm, tried that still no luck.

Someone suggested it's in the rear fuse box. I don't appear to have a rear fuse box?

Also when I push the button on the dash to disable the rear parking sensors, nothing happens. I know there is a fault as it tells me as a warning on the dash, but I thought the switch would still light up, which it doesn't. Which suggests it may be a fuse...If I knew which one..? Not even mentioned in the manual?

:mad:

·
5,087 Posts
have you looked in the handbook ??

·
5,087 Posts
Quick look on autodata doesnt help either

·
Registered
1,026 Posts
It's in my handbook (07) as F12 in the glove box (second one in from the bottom right). And it's a 15A.
Described as: "Hands-free kit, trailer socket, trailer fusebox, audible rear parking assistance, passenger's electric seat, rain and brightness sensor, alarm".

·
5,087 Posts

·
Registered
182 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
It's in my handbook (07) as F12 in the glove box (second one in from the bottom right). And it's a 15A.
Described as: "Hands-free kit, trailer socket, trailer fusebox, audible rear parking assistance, passenger's electric seat, rain and brightness sensor, alarm".
ok thanks, I'll have another look but I have looked a few times and couldn't see it listed. The fact that the rain sensor (for auto wipers) still works suggests its not the fuse (if it is that one).

C

·
0 Posts
As a above but Haynes says it's behind glovebox and a 30a fuse. It's not like Haynes to confuse things:rolleyes:

·
Registered
182 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
As a above but Haynes says it's behind glovebox and a 30a fuse. It's not like Haynes to confuse things:rolleyes:
Hmm...looked again in the manual and defo not listed. I have changed a couple of the fuses but still no luck.

"Behind the glovebox"....so not actually inside the glove box with the other fuses?

Also I have no noticed that the switch on the centre dash for the parking sensor doesn't work when pusjed, neither does the alarm off button or the ESP button. They all used to.

Hmm...does sound like a fuse even more, however I have changed these fuses and still none of these work..?

·
Registered
1,026 Posts
Handbook date ranges:
01/07/2005 - 28/02/2006
01/03/2006 - 31/10/2006
01/11/2006 - 31/05/2007

I have the third and this is identical to tREm1's pic.
On a 56-plate you should have either this or the second one.
The second one appears not to have a section on fuses!
The first one is different: the fuses in the glovebox have different ratings and names, and the functions on F12 above are split between a number of different fuses.

Interestingly, F12 in the first handbook is indeed 30A.

I think I'd just check all of the glovebox fuses. (One at once!)

·
Registered
182 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
I have tried replacing the fuses and still does not work. I've given up on this and will just have to live without them. :mad:

1 - 11 of 11 Posts