Peugeot Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi Guys,

Could anyone tell me where the "EGR Valve" is located on a 2001 2.0 S JTD Fiat Ulysse, please? I believe they're the same as the 2.0 Peugeot 806?

A photo of it's location would be a bonus. :)

The issue that I have is that my MPV appears to be lacking power. Done the usual service (changed the whole fuel filter housing etc).

When the tutbo does eventually kick in, it appears to make a slight "whistling" noise. I always thought that this was normal, but my Brother-in-law says that they're supposed to be quiet and the whistling is a sign of its on its way out.

I took off the MAF sensor to have a look (located at the back of the air filter box), and it appeared clean. (This appears to have been fitted as a second hand part, by a previous owner of it).

I also took off the connection which goes into cylinder head? (I have attached images if it), it has a metal flap, and appears to work by a valve of some sort). What is this called please? It was covered in old and a little new oil, so I ceaned that up.

Many thanks for any/all replies.

Attachments

·
Registered
15,155 Posts
EGR on this engine is a simple vacuum operated system and is unlikely to be your problem unless jammed open the valve itself is on the rear of the engine behind the cam sensor .

Follow the vacuum pipe from the left vacuum solenoid beside throttle assembly into the guts and you will find it on the end of the vac pipe :)

The part you removed is the throttle egr as Peugeot call it or dosser valve and is also vacuum controlled from the middle vac solenoid as long as it seems to hold vacuum it will be fine.

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
EGR on this engine is a simple vacuum operated system and is unlikely to be your problem unless jammed open the valve itself is on the rear of the engine behind the cam sensor .

Follow the vacuum pipe from the left vacuum solenoid beside throttle assembly into the guts and you will find it on the end of the vac pipe :)

The part you removed is the throttle egr as Peugeot call it or dosser valve and is also vacuum controlled from the middle vac solenoid as long as it seems to hold vacuum it will be fine.
Reliable, thank you very much - you were spot on (left hand side (rear) of engine) - what a place to put it. Nearly as bad as where the Glow Plugs are located. (Still can't find anyone to change them for me).

And secondly, I have been having issues with my internet connection, so I do appologise for the delay in replying back.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts