Peugeot Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My wife has a 1.4 VTI which is sluggish in starting and has an erratic dashboard temp. display. Researching this forum indicates that this may be due to a faulty engine coolant sensor but where is it? I have searched high and low but am unable to locate it! I assume it has one so any help in finding it would be much appreciated.

·
Registered
877 Posts
if its the same as the 1.6 then i remember it down near the thermostat, remove the top air pipe and have a look down the right hand side of the engine (standing front of car)

if its the same setup.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
if its the same as the 1.6 then i remember it down near the thermostat, remove the top air pipe and have a look down the right hand side of the engine (standing front of car)

if its the same setup.
Hi, thanks but I have had the pipe off and searched around the stat but nothing there.

·
Registered
15,377 Posts
You are looking for a green connector connected to a green sensor it is held in place by a metal clip it can be well hidden on some engines.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks, know what I am looking for but just cant find it. Guess I will have to strip out the battery and most of the pipework to get a good look see.

·
Registered
164 Posts
Unless I am very much mistaken you will find the sensor is integral with the thermostat body and the whole thing has to be changed. If I am right, you can get them for about £55 on eBay. When you find the connector though, try examining it. A corroded or bent pin can cause all kinds of mayhem.

However, I'm going by the 1.6 VTi and I do believe the 1.4 is the same.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
What is wrong with you? I've posted a link with all the information you require to get help from here. :confused:

Have the courtesy to read what's given to you.

http://www.peugeotforums.com/forums/introductions-28/brief-faq-guide-new-members-83170/#post529130
Hi Gibbo, I have to apologise to you because I missed point 6 completely- as you quite rightly said I should be more patient! I think I may have located it now. I have been looking for a green sensor and connector plug but it looks like it is shrouded in a tube and that's why I could not see it. Only problem I can see now is how to get to it. The information you requested is below and any help on how to change it would be appreciated.

2010 1.4 VTI Sprtium
12000miles with full service history.
Last 8 digits of Vin= AE083521

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
What is wrong with you? I've posted a link with all the information you require to get help from here. :confused:

Have the courtesy to read what's given to you.

http://www.peugeotforums.com/forums/introductions-28/brief-faq-guide-new-members-83170/#post529130
Hi Gibbo, I have to apologise to you because I missed point 6 completely- as you quite rightly said I should be more patient! I think I may have located it now. I have been looking for a green sensor and connector plug but it looks like it is shrouded in a tube and that's why I could not see it. Only problem I can see now is how to get to it. The information you requested is below and any help on how to change it would be appreciated.

2010 1.4 VTI Sprtium
12000miles with full service history.
Last 8 digits of Vin= AE083521

1 - 12 of 12 Posts