Peugeot Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Where is the BSI located on a 2003 Expert HDI I have had a ECU failure and have bought a secound hand matched ECU,BSI, Lock set and keys. I cannot find the BSI to swap it over. Can Anyone help???

Cheers Mike

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I am not sure you understood what I was asking?

I am trying to find the BSI's physical location on a 2003 Expert HDI.

I have bought the full security set up including the ECU, BSI, BSI Ariel, Keys, Locks off an up and running accident damaged van. The idea being to fit all these parts to replace the full security and damaged ECU on my existing van.

I hope this clarifys my request.

Regards Mike

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Hi

I have found the BSI.

The BSI pictured on your link is not the BSI type fitted to my vehicle.
Having contacted a Peugeot main dealer today they have stated on my particular van if the ECU, BSI/Transponder, Transponder ariel and transponder key are moved from one vehicle to another compatible vehicle as a complete set no recoding would be necesary.

I here more conflicting stories every day depending who I talk to???? Hopefully the Pug Main Dealer knows what he's talking about, but thats not a certainty in my experiance with main dealers so far.

Cheers Mike

·
Registered
239 Posts
the main pug dealer wont tell you much at all because they want the job plus they would be in breach of certain theft/cloning laws so information of that sort wouldn't be given out,

the BSI unit is the body control unit so its linked to everything in the car like the comms 2000/immobiliser/fuel system/ECU/audio/dash cmos chip for miileage count etc: so it become a much bigger picture,

so only you can find out by doing the job but I hope they are right as it will save you money in the end ( if the dealers told me I had 4 wheels on my car I would have to look myself for my own satisfaction ) good luck anyway.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts