Peugeot Forums banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi,

I have been looking around and cant find my EGR Valve.

I have a 2.2 SE petrol, the "Depollution System Faulty" error has been on for a few years now, no other problems, well on my 3rd pair of lower ball joints, at just over 45k miles....

I want to sort this out as it is annoying me now...

Where is it on a petrol 407? I have changed the spark plugs, air filter recently done, was told to change the fuel filter, but there isn't one apparently, well its built into the tank so Peugeot tell me, even though I have managed to buy one, so thats still sat in the garage...

I need to sort this DPF issue, and believe its the EGR.

So any suggestions on where it is? Any guides/pictures.

Thanks in advance guys.

Bob

·
Registered
4,506 Posts
if i read your post correctly...you wont find neither DPF nor EGR

the DPF stands for Diesel Particulate Filter and the EGR is only in cars with turbos.:thumb:

you've got another fault at hand
:rolleyes:

·
Registered
4,506 Posts
also futher to my above post, the depollution fault is a generic fault given out by peugeots. you need to have your car read by someone holding planet, search for "bettyswollocks" in his signiture is a link to a map of holders...or could just go to dealers (who will charge you an arm and leg)

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Blimey that was a quick reply John, thanks...

Ok not sure what to do next. There are no performance issue atall with the car. I have had it reset before, but came back on after a week...

Any suggestions.

Air Filter replaced
Spark plugs replaced.
Tried decent petrol.
Tried fuel cleaner addatives.
Swore at it...

Where next, suggestions most welcome...

Bob

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Hi,

I did that a few years ago and it came up with Throttle position sensor and another one, I cant remember what it was. They did not know what to do and reset it £85 and a week later... on again...

I was going to get rid of it just before xmas, but it has only covered just over 45k and there is nothing else wrong with it now, so would like to sort this out.

·
Registered
4,506 Posts
hmm.... ive heard of throttle sensors playing up on the mk1 focus aswell, gives random faults out, but they tend to suffer with random loss of accelleration. but i've heard they are cheap and easy to replace.

as for the other sensor, it will be hard to say what it could be...but i have heard of o2 sensors playing games with people.

your best bet is to get it read again to double check and remind yourself of the faults and codes. without that your just shooting sh!t and wasting money.

davidireland, is the next best person to talk to regarding this...he has a tendancy to go i bet its....this....and boom! it is! hats off to his experiance like :thumb:

·
5,087 Posts
dunno if this helps but this is from servicebox

or this should be your full exhaust system

C

·
0 Posts
The EW12J4 does have an EGR.

New spark plugs sometimes clear this fault on a EW12.

D

·
0 Posts
if i read your post correctly...you wont find neither DPF nor EGR

the DPF stands for Diesel Particulate Filter and the EGR is only in cars with turbos.:thumb:

you've got another fault at hand
:rolleyes:
Most engines whether they be petrol or diesel turbo or non turbo nowadays have EGR valves.
EGR valves reduce oxides of nitrogen that are created at high temperatures.
Exhaust gasses are mixed into the cylinder to reduce the temperature at certain times ie cruising.

·
Registered
4,506 Posts
they should make mini davids and choppers to buy...put them on your dash, when you get a fault with your car, they tell you straight away :lol:

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Thanks guys, I will get it read again, get the codes, and go from there. I will also look at the service box diagrams.

Thanks
Bob

·
5,087 Posts
they should make mini davids and choppers to buy...put them on your dash, when you get a fault with your car, they tell you straight away :lol:
Nah there'd be slavver all over the dash off one of them.Not saying which one tho:nono:

1 - 14 of 14 Posts