Peugeot Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Hi all,

I'd really appreciate some help. Recently had no choice but to take my car to a local garage I've not used before, the gear linkage on my car snapped (how, I don't know) and we managed to get the car to a local place. The issue is, since then I've noticed all sorts of things that are either not reconnected correctly, or just plain missing from my car.

First off, the under tray was not replaced (I guess I'll have to buy a new one) so the car is really load now, but I'm not sure if the loudness is any worse than before. There was a pipe that connects to the air filter that was just not reconnected. Most of these things I've been able to replace myself but I can't see where the following pipe should be connected (see image).

DropBox Backup if Image Doesn't Appear

Does anyone know where this pipe should be connected and what it does if anything critical?

Thanks,
Seb

·
Registered
364 Posts
Typical probably got the can lad to reassemble it, same sort of thing happened to my uncle's 306 which I had to go to the garage to sort out because they couldn't get it started after changing the starter motor, turned out they had left the immobiliser feed off the solenoid. If your undertray is anything like all the ones I've dealt with most of the bolts usually seize and snap off and it would be adviseable to have a look if this is the case before attempting to fit another one. Don't think I've refitted any to my cars but they do protect the underside of the engine/box from debris on the road. Unfortunately can't view the pic so can't suggest anything for the pipe other than if everything is working as it should it is probably a breather pipe.

·
Registered
364 Posts
I would agree with Gibbo looks like a water drain line from the fuel filter, check where the other end is connected to if bottom of the fuel filter it is almost certainly a water drain.

·
Registered
1,045 Posts
its to drain fuel from your filter housing when your putting a new one so you don't get fuel every where, I use a coke bottle and unscrew the white screw under it and let it drain into the bottle till it stops then open the housing and replace the filter, also was told it was just to drain water from the filter

most cars don't have them as they get pulled off but I would make sure its there as its handy as there is less chance to get diesel over engine parts and the ground as the wife would kill you if leaves a nasty mark lol

1 - 5 of 5 Posts