Peugeot Forums banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a GT auto on order through a Broker- here's the thing- unlike a local dealer ( who often spends hours talking through a cars operating systems)- I won't have one.
I'm pretty hopeless with things like SatNav and voice activated functions ( took me a almost year to get the hang of all of the Skoda 4x4 Superb capabilities)
So here's the thing- can I just tip up at any Peugot dealer and seek advice or will they tell me to go away as I didn't place an order with them?
Thanks

· Registered
509 Posts
Isn't that what this forum is for? Technically you are doing it right now.

But, in all seriousness I would say you'll be totally fine rocking up at the dealer and asking an odd question or two, you'll likely be taking the car to them for servicing anyway.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks Paulijos1- appreciated
I had thought that I could use service placement as leverage but given I live in a rural area thought they may be a bit sniffy ( particularly as I didn't buy from them at their premium price)

· Administrator
2,121 Posts
Totally agree with Pauls comments.

Tell them you are going to get the car serviced there or, say "This is my first Peugeot and my wife is just waiting to see if it's as nice as they say as she's thinking of changing hers soon".

Just a thought.

Paul

G

·
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks Beau - nice idea - might try that but actually hope that Peugot who I've never dealt with before
( probably the only brand I haven't bought) are interested in keeping customers wherever they come from happy!!!

· Registered
112 Posts
Help

I am buying through a broker but mine have allocated dealers who handover the car or deliver direct to your home which is what I have opted for, but spoke to 1 local dealer who seemed too happy to help on the assumption it would persuade me to use him for servicing
So between this helpful forum and dealers I'm sure we will both be ok

G

·
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Thanks Michaelss- guess you're right, just suppose it's the anxiety of going through a Broker for the first time ( and knowing I'm a bit of a technophobe)
I was bored by the hours spent with the dealer on my last car- there's only so much you can take in - but cars these days are so technical it's probably an absolute requirement. Would be great if handbooks were clear and straightforward but they frequently aren't.
Maybe Peugot could give YouTube instructions for the 3008- that would cut most problems related to "how to do x" by half!

· Registered
544 Posts
Why not pop into a local dealer and say that you're trying to decide between the 3008 and the Qashqai and they'll fall over themselves to prove the Pug is a better car. (Which as a current QQ owner I can definitely say that it is). While they're doing their sales spiel just say things like, "so how does the sat Nav work" or "what's this I-cockpit I've heard so much about". Believe me I did this and they love showing you how all the gadgets work

· Registered
683 Posts
Why not pop into a local dealer and say that you're trying to decide between the 3008 and the Qashqai and they'll fall over themselves to prove the Pug is a better car. (Which as a current QQ owner I can definitely say that it is). While they're doing their sales spiel just say things like, "so how does the sat Nav work" or "what's this I-cockpit I've heard so much about". Believe me I did this and they love showing you how all the gadgets work
I wouldn't do that, if you need to go back after your car has been delivered and by some chance they remember you I doubt they would be willing to help because they would know you got the car from someone else.

I would get the car go in say you have just moved to the area your my local dealer now so the servicing will be done by you, can you just help me with blah blah please.

· Registered
1,423 Posts
Of course there's the argument that most dealers seem to know very little about these cars, so I would say, without hesitation, this forum is a much better first port of call for help on any aspect of operation and functionality. I know everyone will be more than happy to help, which is more than can be said for some Peugeot dealers.

· Registered
544 Posts
I wouldn't do that, if you need to go back after your car has been delivered and by some chance they remember you I doubt they would be willing to help because they would know you got the car from someone else.

I would get the car go in say you have just moved to the area your my local dealer now so the servicing will be done by you, can you just help me with blah blah please.
I doubt the average car salesman would be that bothered tbh Fontie especially as the only times anyone is likely to need to go back after delivery would be to go to the service/parts departments. I do, however, think that your idea is probably better.

Saying that though while looking for my next car in January I overheard a conversation while in a different dealership where someone who had bought a car from one of the car supermarkets asked for help with connecting his phone to Bluetooth and was virtually told to sling his hook and go back to the place he'd bought it from.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Thanks for all your advice- as I live in a rural area and checked out the 3008 with a local dealer but then didn't go with them because of their high price, I think I'll try the servicing tack in the nearest city( Carlisle) even though I live in Scotland it's still a bit nearer than Edinburgh. Hoping that the handbooks are better than the Mitsubishi Outlander Phev which was as clear as mud- particularly for basics such as pairing phones!

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.