Peugeot Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
91 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
hmmm couldnt find a relay see pic..would u know if there is a rad switch anywhwre on the radiator ?...ive replaced the coolant temp snesor but my fan still kicks in every day for as long as ive had the car...ive checked the relay thats on near the fan...has a resistor in it..seems like its open circuit...any idea what the value of the resistor is cos its hard to see the colour bands on it...

http://i113.photobucket.com/albums/n212/buzzlightyear_02/DSC00013.jpg

·
Registered
488 Posts
Have you any diagnostic equipment like planet to check for faults logged..??
The cooling fan system is pretty complex on these as the dpf brings on the cooling fan during a regen...I think there were a few cases where a faulty turbo control on these were bringing on the cooling fan most of the time....dont no how they are related but replacing the turbo solenoid sorted it.....best things is to get faults read instead of fitting parts that are not requird..:)
Ron.

·
Registered
91 Posts
Discussion Starter #7 (Edited)
risky1 said:
Have you any diagnostic equipment like planet to check for faults logged..??
The cooling fan system is pretty complex on these as the dpf brings on the cooling fan during a regen...I think there were a few cases where a faulty turbo control on these were bringing on the cooling fan most of the time....dont no how they are related but replacing the turbo solenoid sorted it.....best things is to get faults read instead of fitting parts that are not requird..:)
Ron.
yes i understand the dpf regen brings on the cooling fan whens its going through its cycle...which is around 300 miles...my fan comes on every single day, as soon as the car reaches normal temp 80-90 degrees, the fan keeps kicking in everytime i slow down, stop at lights, come to a juncyion..etc...there is nothing on the display to show any faults...no anti pollution warning...nothing...all faults must have been cleared by the peugeot dealers a few weeks ago when i had the EGR valve replaced...at a cost of £525 !...i phoned them up regarding this fan issue and they checked their records saying nothing else showed up..the ecu was checked...and was ok...im sure they would have picked up something if there were faurther faults showing as this fan issue was present as far as i can remeber, even before the EGR valve fault....this car is costing me a fortune..:mad: .....im gonna see how much the relay is from pug...ill try it, if the fault is still there fcuk it!!!...gonna get rid of this french crap....

1 - 7 of 7 Posts