Peugeot Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all,
My 2007 2ltr petrol 307 has been running with no issues at all and was wondering at what stage I should be looking at flushing the cooling system. It has done 75k kilometres (about 45k miles). The handbook that came with the car says not required but I find this hard to believe as surely the red coolant at some stage must go off. Have had. The car since new and coolant has always been full and red with no cooling issues at all.
Should I do some preventative maintenance and flush and change?
Is there a kilometre range I should reach before doing this?
Any advice appreciated as I don't want to change unnecessarily creating a problem.
Thanks in advance.

·
Registered
50 Posts
Hi all,
My 2007 2ltr petrol 307 has been running with no issues at all and was wondering at what stage I should be looking at flushing the cooling system. It has done 75k kilometres (about 45k miles). The handbook that came with the car says not required but I find this hard to believe as surely the red coolant at some stage must go off. Have had. The car since new and coolant has always been full and red with no cooling issues at all.
Should I do some preventative maintenance and flush and change?
Is there a kilometre range I should reach before doing this?
Any advice appreciated as I don't want to change unnecessarily creating a problem.
Thanks in advance.
I think red coolant is generally quoted as being good for ~5 years. What that means in miles i'm not sure. If the flush looks simple enough on your motor i'd be doing it now.

·
Registered
3,423 Posts
if your not sure. flush it and run standard water in it then drop the water out again and refill with decent stuff

im not sure the weather australia has. most antifreeze is -36 but can be slightly weaker if minus figures arent reached there

·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Thanks monty, we never get less than about -3....I note in Haynes that a header tank is required over the expansion tank....if so where do you fill from? It also states that the header tank should have one litr of water in it before starting....can I just purchase a header tank?

·
Registered
3,423 Posts
Haynes use a cut out bottle to make sure the fluid doesn't go down too much drawing in air

I've never had a problem just filling through the expansion tank

After emptying connect any hoses you took off undo expansion cap and fill up giving it time to work round once no more coolant will go in start the engine with heater on hot and full and run it to tempteture

As you do so keep an eye on the coolant level and top up as required. Any bleed screws need to be opened to let air escape

Once the engines warm and thermostat open it should be ok then just top up coolant and refit cap

·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Thanks again monty, sounds good.......just one last question mate, should I drain the engine or just radiator and flush it......?

1 - 11 of 11 Posts