Peugeot Forums banner

1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i have 307sw 2.0 HDI 110 2002

everytime when i push very hard the gas, i am hearing inside the airo sound. It is same as when i turn on the blower. Similar to that sound. I know it come frome the engine side maybe turbo?

Maybe there are people who have or had the same problem.

Before it was ok and perfect, It just happend

because of this problem i cant go above 70 80 mile a hour.

no faultcodes on pp2000

·
Registered
403 Posts
I have a 2.0 hdi 90 and have just recently noticed this sound coming from behind the dash any time I press the accelerator. Sounds like its coming from passenger side.

Sent from my LG-P500 using AutoGuide.Com Free App

·
Registered
403 Posts
I have the following fault codes on my engine ecu that planet will not let me delete (communication error)
P0571, P0530, P0100, P0101, P1112
Not sure of the meaning of these yet but car is in for mot tomorrow so will just wait and see if they mention anything.

·
11,992 Posts
P0571 Cruise Control/Brake Switch A Circuit Malfunction
EDC15C2 - Brake contact signal. No communication./ Brake contact signal. Coherence between the two brake switches. / Fault sent by BSI.
MM6LP - Incoherence between 2 stop switches. Coherence.
MM4MP2 - Motorised throttle control. Coherence.

P0530 A/C Refrigerant Pressure Sensor Circuit Malfunction

P0100 Mass or Volume Air flow Circuit Malfunction
EDC15C2 - Flow sensor signal. Open circuit or short to earth / short to positive

P0101 Mass or Volume Air flow Circuit Range/Performance Problem
EDC15C2 Air flow too great or not sufficient

P0102 Mass or Volume Air Flow Circuit low Input
SID 801/3 Flow sensor signal. Open circuit or short circuit to earth.

·
Registered
403 Posts
Ohh dear lol. I purchased the car 6 months ago and have not noticed any issues when driving the car. I guess I will have to try again to clear the fault codes and see which faults return. Would any of these faults dissapear on there own if the cause of the fault was put right? Or would planet still be required to clear faults after repair?

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
hello davie206

i have the same problem as you.

Please let us know when you solved the problem what is was so that i and others can solve the problem

thank you

·
Registered
403 Posts
Will do eskobarnas. I'm going to put in new oil, air and fuel filters soon then maybe a new maf sensor if nothing changes.

·
11,992 Posts
Ohh dear lol. I purchased the car 6 months ago and have not noticed any issues when driving the car. I guess I will have to try again to clear the fault codes and see which faults return. Would any of these faults dissapear on there own if the cause of the fault was put right? Or would planet still be required to clear faults after repair?
The bottom three faults are from the same part - the MAF sensor.

Disconnect and clean it and the electrical connector first. If that doesn't sort it then a new one could be as little as £30. But if you're hearing an air sound it could be a split, damaged or badly fitted air pipe - that would also give incorrect air readings to the MAF and show errors. So check all your air pipes.

The brake switch P0571 is also a common one. New switch £6 from Euro Car Parts, or spend a bit more and get the genuine dealer part with the new improved wiring harness.

Not seen the "P0530 A/C Refrigerant Pressure Sensor Circuit Malfunction" before though.

·
Registered
403 Posts
Cheers Gibbo :) I'll check for air leaks over the weekend and give the maf a clean and see how it goes.
Strange that there is a fault with brake switch because when I test foot brake in planet it tells me that i have pressed the brake pedal then when i release the pedal it tells me its released so I would have thought it would be working fine although I guess it could be an intermittent fault. Will change the brake switch anyway as its only a fiver for part :)
Not too fussed about my air con fault as I won't need it up here in Scotland lol

·
11,992 Posts
Yep, my brake switch was intermittent too. I was driving along the motorway when the car started jerking every 6 seconds.

Planet diagnosed a faulty brake switch. I couldn't understand the connection between the two but this forum brought up a post where someone else had the same problem. But doing a brake test if I took my foot off the pedal it took a few seconds to turn out the light. There was also a second delay in the brake lights coming on when pressing, so it needed to be resolved, should anyone run into the back of me and claim my brake lights were off.

Electrical contact cleaner on the switch sorted it for a while but a new switch with the added new wiring loom sorted it for good.

This forum and Planet is an absolute godsend for any Pug owner.

S

·
0 Posts
I'm keeping my eye on this as well

I have no obvious hose splits that i can see so i'd just put it down to the fact that i'm back using a standard bumper/grille/air intake and it was the noise it made!

Interesting to see if an actual cause pops up!

·
Registered
4,506 Posts
i had this in my ford after having some very heavy people and luggage which actually took my car to it's weight limit....and driving from darlington to aberdeen and back.

anyways it took ageis for me to find it...it gave a distinct sound of the blowers coming on...even though they werent. i even checked for obvious holes and none to be found...well thats what i thought..

well anyways, find your air filter box, intercooler and the route the pipe takes into your engine. and push your finger into the pipe and squeeze all the way down...this hole can smaller than your little finger.

I found mine at the top of the engine on the elbow of the pipe that turned 90 degrees into the engine...on the inside of the corner was a 2cm split..invisible to the eye but soon as you push with your finger it will go in.

dont do what i did and wrap it in electrical tape, it works for a little but it soon splits that coz of the pressure and makes a squeeky farting noise.

1 - 20 of 26 Posts