Peugeot Forums banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi Guys,
I am new & a virgin to this site.
I've transgressed from a 406 to a 407sw 140 sport 59 plate (oct).
I have a slight wheel vibration at about 70 to 80 ish and was going to balance the wheels, when I took a wheel off to put on the balancing machine there was no centre cap to pop out. I rang a friend at Kwik Fit and they usually have an adaptor they bolt onto the machine and you bolt the wheel to that. Sounds a bit long winded to me, I have never seen another wheel without centre caps. I operate a taxi & private hire business so do about 1000 miles a week so get through tyres at a fair rate. They appear to be genuine wheels, it was an ex Lex lease car so don't think it's been played with, although I have full size alloy as a spare with a centre cap. It has 205/60x16 which according to the door sticker are the right tyres.
One option I have is to buy 4 second hand alloys, with centre caps and keep 2 of the ones I have and fit winter tyres and sell the other 2 to an unsuspecting punter on ebay.
Can any one throw any light on this, or help with another set of wheels.

Thanks

Will.

J

·
0 Posts
They're normal genuine Peugeot ones... its been posted on here before. Nothing wrong with them, just a crap design. Get some genuine 17s like mine and you'll have the centre caps :nod:

1 - 2 of 2 Posts