Peugeot Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all

Right, another problem has cropped up with the Pug! Well, it's been around for a while and I thought it was a simple easy fix so I kept putting it off but it turned out not to be...

Anyway, when driving at high speeds (70mph+) I have quite a severe wheel wobble. At first I thought it was balancing so took it to kwik fit, they said it was okay but rebalanced anyway. That didn't cure it so I took it back to them and said they'd not done it right so they then agreed to do it again. Still the wobble is there.

Took it to another garage, just to get a second opinion, and they also say balancing is perfect so what could be causing the wheel wobble? I only really notice it on the motorway when doing 70 odd.

Anyone know what it could be?

Any help or advice would be very much appreciated.

Thanks,
Math

·
11,778 Posts
I had exactly the same problem - wheel wobble at 70mph dead on.

Had tracking and balancing checked, turned out to be a buckled wheel - front offside - although you couldn't see any damage.

Swapped it and problem gone.

·
Registered
673 Posts
I had exactly the same problem - wheel wobble at 70mph dead on.

Had tracking and balancing checked, turned out to be a buckled wheel - front offside - although you couldn't see any damage.

Swapped it and problem gone.
hi, would you see a buckled wheel at 70 or could it manifest itself at higher speeds. what i mean is would you deffo know by time you reached 70 mph that it was buckled. or could it save itself for lets say 80-85 ;)

·
Registered
48 Posts
To rule out the wheels simply swapthe fronts with the backs.

If it still does it then maybe a ball joint issue? If it was tracking I expect you'd see tell-tale wear on the tyres or it would pull.

·
Super Moderator
1,760 Posts
My buckled rim onl shows at really low or over 60. Weird I know! Best swop front and rears as said above.

·
Registered
673 Posts
To rule out the wheels simply swapthe fronts with the backs.

If it still does it then maybe a ball joint issue? If it was tracking I expect you'd see tell-tale wear on the tyres or it would pull.
Thanks for that mate. I know my issue isnt, tracking, balancing, ball joints, drop links, track rod ends, tyres or anti-roll bar as i have had it all replaced or checked....im thinking the only thing i haven't done is swap the wheels round...it makes sense as when they changed the tyres they do them one at a time and replace the wheel where it came from...thanks for that mate....appreciated. +1 to you.....:thumb:

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Still haven't managed to get this sorted. It's really starting to annoy me now :mad:

Update: The wobble on my wheels happens at fairly high speeds; 60+ MPH and sometimes when braking. Thing is though, it doesn't happen all of the time. Most of the time but not always. If it was buckled wheels, would it not happen all the time? Also, swapping the rears to the front and vice versa has not cured it. Anyone have any other ideas as to what it could be? I'm thinking possibly ball joints. If that was the case, could that cause intermittent wheel wobble?

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I've no idea. If it was anything though I'd imagine it'd be at the front as the steering wheel shakes, but I'm no expert!

1 - 12 of 12 Posts