Peugeot Forums banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
3,426 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
im looking to get some of these alloys for my car. my car has the usual black wheel nuts

PEUGEOT 307 15" / INCH ALLOY WHEEL & TYRE 195/65R15 | eBay

question is what ones are used with alloys. do they just have silver covers over them?

can anyone recommend any locking wheel nuts and tool that wont round off and can be taken off without fuss (some are shocking)

·
Registered
3,426 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
i do like the wheels but there bigger so tyres are more expensive etc etc

i quite like the look of the other ones plus there the same size

the ones im looking at are only 70 notes so not wallet busting

·
Super Moderator
1,760 Posts
Tyre prices aren't dearer just because the wheels are big. I can get tyres for my 18's cheaper than a mate can get for the 15's on his Ibiza.

·
Registered
3,426 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
got the wheels last night not bad for 70 notes with tyres half worn on them

next issue was the wheel nuts. went round loads of scrappies and they just all smiled when i was after flat washer wheel nuts

a guy said that the local pug garage breaks pugs from time to time and to try them

popped in the guy was very helpful. he went and looked and found 12 bolts :( but said he had a set of genuine lockers with the key.

all in all he gave me the lot including tool for 20 notes :)

wheels are fitted but need so serious cleaning. i have managed one so far but they do look good

now what to do with the 6 spare wheels i now have :D is it worth ebaying them they all have good make tyres with about 3mm left on them

·
Registered
3,426 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
i do. makes it easier to change a wheel on the road as there not silly tight

i have brought some alloy wheel cleaner hope to get these bad boys cleaned. cant believe people never clean there wheels

·
Registered
3,426 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
yer they have years of brake grime on them

the aldis wheel cleaner kit and wilkos one did nothing to touch them. ended up very lightly brillo padding them. not ideal but no other way

·
Registered
47 Posts
1 - 15 of 15 Posts