Peugeot Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
1,900 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
After some decent wheel lock bolts? I bought a set of Febi Bilstein no.27053 M12x1.25x34 ref no. BR25 key no 3007 from General Traffic motor factors for £19.99. They are good quality in my opinion.

·
Registered
292 Posts
After some decent wheel lock bolts? I bought a set of Febi Bilstein no.27053 M12x1.25x34 ref no. BR25 key no 3007 from General Traffic motor factors for £19.99. They are good quality in my opinion.
Why would u get lock bolts when everyone advises to get rid of them ??

Sent from my Redmi Note 3 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
1,900 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Because they are a deterrent to the car thieves! The original Peugeot ones were a terrible design as the splines were thin and easy to damage if over torqued by the many gorillas who do tyre changes at places like Kwik Fit etc!

·
Registered
14,527 Posts
People dont steal alloys anymore as nearly every car has them so there is no market anymore just like radios they dont steal them either !

Yes there are still some lowlifes who will take your stuff but locking bolts wont stop these kind of people anyway.

·
Registered
1,104 Posts
I agree with Reliable & nre, and have regular bolts on my Wifes's 307.
But if you are pleased with your purchase then good for you!. It's a free country and if security bolts give you peace of mind then twenty quid is well spent in your case.

Roger.

·
Registered
119 Posts
Make sure you maintain them well. Had one go naff on mine while changing my brakes. Luckily was on the drive so was able to get help. Nearly ruined the wheel. Took them all out in the end.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts