Peugeot Forums banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've got a 2012 gt with 18" rims. The ride is pretty hard so I'm looking to put 17's on. Does anyone know if the gt has larger discs and calipers that mean a17" rim won't fit? Or should I be able to do a straight swap? Thanks

·
Registered
276 Posts
Front disks are definitely big (340 mm across)... You could make approximated guess if you look how much space is between caliper and rim. If it is more than half an inch then 17" should fit.
But better would be if you look in your homologation card and there should be written rim and tires sizes.
Will look in my when I get to my car and let you know.

·
5,618 Posts
If you have the 340mm discs same as my DS you will struggle to fit smaller wheels I have 18" wheels and the clearance is so tight when i had new tyres fitted they had to move the stick on weights on the inside of wheel as the rubbed on the caliper.

I am sure the DS5 and 508 share a platform. My DS had poor ride and when I checked servicebox there was a new part listing for front and rear shocks and technical note about poor ride.

I got the shocks changed and the difference was unreal drove like a different car

Sent from my SM-T830 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
14,253 Posts
I wonder why 235 isn't allowed. I'd like to keep the width the same
Its not not allowed its simply down to overall rolling diameters 235 tyres are taller than 215 tyres due to the 55 ratio being a percentage of the width so wider tyres are also taller and it may well take the rolling diameter outside parameters or in some cases it might foul bodywork.

·
5,618 Posts
It may change dependent on wheel size they do on my DS same spec with 302 or 340mm discs (maybe for 17" wheel variant)

The biggest issue i found was that if you have the space saver wheel it's 16" and if you get a front puncture you have to fit spare to a rear wheel and then fit the rear wheel to the front as 16" won't fit just what you want at the side of the road.

I ended up fitting the optional under boot cage and getting a full size spare

·
Registered
764 Posts
If you have the 340mm discs same as my DS you will struggle to fit smaller wheels I have 18" wheels and the clearance is so tight when i had new tyres fitted they had to move the stick on weights on the inside of wheel as the rubbed on the caliper.

I am sure the DS5 and 508 share a platform. My DS had poor ride and when I checked servicebox there was a new part listing for front and rear shocks and technical note about poor ride.
If the OP goes on servicebox, you can see what diameter the discs are.

DS5 and 508, surprisingly, don't share a platform. DS5 is PF2 Extended whereas 508 is PF3.

·
Registered
37 Posts
17" wheels will fit 2.2GT & fitted with 215/55/17 tyres the diameter is 0.34% difference. 100mph on 19's becomes 99.86 on 17's

1 - 14 of 14 Posts