Peugeot Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
1,243 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Is there a wheel design choice that is less likely to suffer curb damage ?.:eek:

·
Registered
13 Posts
The smaller the alloy the larger the amount of rubber which bulges to the sides to protect the alloy. My last couple of cars and the GT I have ordered have larger alloys so are easier to damage.

A friend of mine recommended these:

https://www.alloygator.com/

I am prone to kerbing so am definitely considering them.

·
Registered
1,243 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
The smaller the alloy the larger the amount of rubber which bulges to the sides to protect the alloy. My last couple of cars and the GT I have ordered have larger alloys so are easier to damage.

A friend of mine recommended these:

https://www.alloygator.com/

I am prone to kerbing so am definitely considering them.
I'm hoping the 18" is less vulnerable than the allgrip 19" frinstance.

·
Registered
420 Posts
I'm hoping the 18" is less vulnerable than the allgrip 19" frinstance.
Both the 18" and 19" original wheels for the 3008 have tall side walls. It's also possible to get 17" originals. The image shows the standard winter rims in Norway (for 3008)

·
Registered
1,243 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Both the 18" and 19" original wheels for the 3008 have tall side walls. It's also possible to get 17" originals. The image shows the standard winter rims in Norway (for 3008)

I doubt if 17" will be an option out here Agmuns. The 1.6 petrol Allure and diesel GT are all the choice we get apparently......a tough choice because diesel is consistently cheaper, thus locking us into expensive big wheels either way.

·
Registered
1,423 Posts
Alloygators work well, but they have to be fitted correctly, and securely. If not fixed properly, they can become detached at speed, and cause a lot of damage to the surrounding paintwork and trim.

·
Registered
1,243 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Alloygators work well, but they have to be fitted correctly, and securely. If not fixed properly, they can become detached at speed, and cause a lot of damage to the surrounding paintwork and trim.
I imagine tyre fitters would hate them.

·
Registered
1,302 Posts
I read somewhere (sorry Dave can't find it) that the Los Angeles with Advanced Grip Control are better.
If memory serves me correct it was something to do with the alloys do not protrude as much and the rubber has a larger compound.

·
Registered
1,243 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I read somewhere (sorry Dave can't find it) that the Los Angeles with Advanced Grip Control are better.
If memory serves me correct it was something to do with the alloys do not protrude as much and the rubber has a larger compound.
Thanks Beards, that's what I thought I'd read somewhere also......trying to winkle it out.

·
Registered
37 Posts
I have alloygators on current car just as insurance. Puncture repaired and rim left in place. Just depends on how proud the tyre is from the wheel for likelihood of damage, so presume not much choice at time of purchase as design is probably a higher priority than protection.

1.2 Allure manual, blue keyless

1 - 12 of 12 Posts