Peugeot Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hello. im getting a loud whining noise from the front wheel bearings so going to tackle replacing them. Can anyone tell me if this is something a DIYer can do ? ie any speacial pulley required etc

thank you

D

·
0 Posts
hello. im getting a loud whining noise from the front wheel bearings so going to tackle replacing them. Can anyone tell me if this is something a DIYer can do ? ie any speacial pulley required etc

thank you
Definitely not a DIY job. The wheel bearings give loads of trouble in the Boxer. You'll need a serious press to get the bearing out of the hub etc.

·
Registered
14 Posts
I recently done the ones on our 2000 model, I've been into DIY/mechanics for years now so have pretty much collected all the tools, including a small press, they did come out pretty easily but they were of the two piece design.

I believe that the newer vans have the one piece design, that provides a greater surface area so I can imagine they would be a bugger to remove.
Here's a great tool for the job, you can see the depth of the bearing at 2.21 into the clip.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts