Peugeot Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
68 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi

I went to have a rear wheel balanced as I can feel vibration as speed through my seat. Apparently I have to take it to Peugeot as my wheels are solid wheels ie no hole in the middle, explains why not balanced as I had a flat and Kwik fit repaired it! So will I need to go to Peugeot for tyres I certainly hope not.

·
Registered
1,947 Posts
Not heard that one before.
What wheels do you have?. Mine have both had

The centre caps knock out.
Not sure on the other ones though, Hortaz design?

·
5,027 Posts
yep the 16 inch wheels have no centre hole so independent tyre fitters struggle, your local shit-fit should be able to balance them tho

·
5,027 Posts
they can be balanced but need a different adaptor on the machine and most places dont have it

·
Registered
68 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Yes local independent tyre places said didn't have adaptor. Kwik fit repaired puncture a couple months ago but no weights are on it despite it having meant to be balanced. So assuming they dont have adapter and just didn't tell me.

Im thinking could be fun having new tyres fitted.

What a silly design typical manufacturers making it hard to go independent places.

·
Registered
54 Posts
Just phone round independent dealers and ask them.
Smaller ones tend not to, because the adaptor is pricey, but bigger ones will, especially if they are the kind of place that boy racers might use - some Saxo wheels are the same.
Kwik-Fit are supposed to have the adapters, but they are sometimes misplaced/lost or the staff are unaware.

G

·
0 Posts
I use Tyreland, they balance my centreless wheels no problem.

It shouldn't be any more expensive either, don't get fobbed off.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts