Peugeot Forums banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Administrator
2,911 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My wife had so how managed to scuff and scratch, (not badly thankfully), the black plastic wheel arch protector.

I'll post a piccy in a day or so, but can anyone suggest a way of getting out the scratch.

I'm told a hot air gun is one option.

The scratch also continued onto the door, but it's only 3 inches and only in the top lacquer coat so easily a T cut job.

If she does it ever again I told her it will be the front bumper needing repair!

·
Registered
765 Posts
A hot gun can be used to pull the oil to the surface of faded plastics to darken it, but it won't correct the scratch. I doubt polishing will help either as the plastics have a texture so aren't flat.

·
Registered
1,616 Posts
Rather than start another thread...........

I haven't washed my car even though I've had it for three months. My excuse is I want to buy a snow foam gun and snow foam, I went to an auto supplies store soon after I arrived in France and couldn't make the guy understand what I wanted (he tried to sell me a pressure washer) so gave up.

I very nearly washed the car on Thursday but thought better of it because the panels were too hot but I did have a close look at the bodywork and found a slight scuff mark on the highly polished black panel beneath the rear window. It's an area that's never touched because I always open the tailgate with my foot so I don't know how it got there.

Any sugestions on the best way remove / hide the scuff mark?

·
Registered
158 Posts
I haven't washed my car even though I've had it for three months. My excuse is I want to buy a snow foam gun and snow foam, I went to an auto supplies store soon after I arrived in France and couldn't make the guy understand what I wanted (he tried to sell me a pressure washer) so gave up.
Ordered a cheapo one from eBay for approx 25 euros. Fits my Kärcher pressure washer and works just fine! The local car supply stores (the very few ones that had those) wanted 70 euros...

I think mine's something like this:
Professional Snow Foam Lance For Car Wash Karcher K Series - by MJJC

·
Registered
1,616 Posts

·
Administrator
2,911 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Wow.. that'd probably worth some further explanation then. I'm sure we'll all be needing it at some point or another..
Hovver very a hot air gun over the plastic with scratch on which as you know draws the black pigment to the surface to darken it back to normal.

While the plastic is still hot, dab lightly with tissue crumpled up which reports the dimpled effect.

Looks perfect now and will, post piccy soon.

Paul

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.