Peugeot Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
183 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I know some owners on here have played around with Android Auto. Has anyone also got WhatsApp working and, if so, what is the experience like? Is it slick or somewhat confusing and frustrating?

My assumption is that it will read out incoming messages to you and then you can dictate a message back - if that's the the case then you have effective 2-way spoken communication... but if that's the case what's it like in real life?

I'd love to get some feedback, just to set expectations (for when it arrives)...

·
Registered
765 Posts
I have used it and it works very well at reading out the messages, if you don't have the person as a contact in whatsapp it reads the mobile number instead which is a bit tedious. What is a bit funny is that it reads out the emoticons which can be quite something if a lot have been used.

At the end of reading it asks if you want to reply, I have only said 'no' so far so can't comment further but it definately looks like it works both ways. You'd have to read out things like smiley face, face palm etc.

·
Registered
1,230 Posts
Would be very handy if it becomes available for Apple CarPlay, but somehow I don't think it ever will.

·
Registered
1,230 Posts
Google seems to think Siri can read whatsapp messages in carplay.
Thanks a lot for that.

I didn't realise that it can do that. I found this fairly recent article:

How to get Siri to read out your WhatsApp messages - Pocket-lint

The only thing is with Carplay connected, it mutes anything from your iPhone. So unless you had sight of the phone screen (I don't as the phone is always put away when driving), then you probably wouldn't know you even had a Whatsapp message. I'll give it a try though.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.