Peugeot Forums banner
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
On auto I've noticed all the lights are triggered on my car and it's bright.
Putting it to the 2nd mode down (parking mode?) makes it dimmer at least.
I've seen some Peugeot cars of the newer models only light up the 'fang' but all my lights are lit. Is this normal? Any way to change?

·
Registered
e2008 GT Line
271 Posts
what spec model do you have? I have the GT which I have the "Fang" and three strips on each side light up on auto during the day. dipped beam then gives the circle type headlight (best way to describe it).

never noticed it dim when in parking mode, but when I first got the car, I have been flashed countless times because people think my lights are too bright, but I don't have any control over them.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
what spec model do you have? I have the GT which I have the "Fang" and three strips on each side light up on auto during the day. dipped beam then gives the circle type headlight (best way to describe it).

never noticed it dim when in parking mode, but when I first got the car, I have been flashed countless times because people think my lights are too bright, but I don't have any control over them.
Yes, mine is the fang and three stripes also. Not sure what you mean about the circle type headlight.

100% moving it down into parking lights or whatever it is is dimmer, so I am happy keeping it like that. Otherwise it is too bright. I haven't been flashed though.

Also, I've noticed in the heat (30 degrees here) after a 20 minute journey when I turn the car off after running AC I can still hear the fan going when I step out the car, took a few minutes to turn off. Is that normal? I haven't got the AC on auto as I feel that really messes the car up.

·
Registered
e2008 GT Line
271 Posts
Sorry the circles are the dipped/high beams. When you say parking lights, do you mean side lights? I would assume that auto would adjust the brightness maybe due to external conditions similar to lights coming on full when it gets dark. Putting on your side lights, would disable this and put it on the lowest setting. Does that make sense.

The fan running would be to cool down the battery. The battery has to be regulated and as not to cause damage so it is more than likely, even though you turned the car off, the fan was running to keep it cool. This is no different to a normal ICE car with the fan would run if engine is overheating.

·
Registered
e2008 GT Line
271 Posts
Is it different on the 208 then? My e2008, the three strips are also DRL on Auto as per my profile picture.

·
Registered
1,318 Posts

·
Registered
e2008 GT Line
271 Posts
Okay I understand technically you are right in the fact that the three strips are classed as side lights, but regardless of my stalk position in Auto or Side lights, both the fangs and the 3 strips are illuminated all the time, partly the reason why I said they are DRL. (I don't have off selection on my stalk).

Just going out and checking, In auto, as chappy stated both the fangs and 3 strips are very bright, and when changed to side lights on the stalk, they both dim down (as well as the interior dash lighting). Once again changing back to auto indeed made both the 3 strips and fang much brighter.

·
Registered
1,318 Posts
I can't test it right now, only have the 3008 near me ATM - the same light have both functions and its dim in sidelights mode or when in DRL mode but the direction indicator is on, and bright in DRL mode. They are always on.

But if the fang and the 3 strips change brightness and are always on, they're both sidelights and DRL. They both should also change brightness if you turn on the respective direction indicator. It wasn't the first time that the handbook has wrong information...

·
Registered
10 Posts
Yes, mine is the fang and three stripes also. Not sure what you mean about the circle type headlight.

100% moving it down into parking lights or whatever it is is dimmer, so I am happy keeping it like that. Otherwise it is too bright. I haven't been flashed though.

Also, I've noticed in the heat (30 degrees here) after a 20 minute journey when I turn the car off after running AC I can still hear the fan going when I step out the car, took a few minutes to turn off. Is that normal? I haven't got the AC on auto as I feel that really messes the car up.
Heard the fan going for the first time myself today after a short local journey. Baking hot here.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Okay I understand technically you are right in the fact that the three strips are classed as side lights, but regardless of my stalk position in Auto or Side lights, both the fangs and the 3 strips are illuminated all the time, partly the reason why I said they are DRL. (I don't have off selection on my stalk).

Just going out and checking, In auto, as chappy stated both the fangs and 3 strips are very bright, and when changed to side lights on the stalk, they both dim down (as well as the interior dash lighting). Once again changing back to auto indeed made both the 3 strips and fang much brighter.
I don't quite follow what rui.saraiva is saying, what does he mean?

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
The fang is both sidelamps and the DRL. When in sidelamp mode (the left stalk cannot be in AUTO), they're brighter than in DRL mode. The 3 stripes are only the sidelamps, they don't change brightness.
They literally do change brightness going from AUTO to sidelights in the day. I can film this if you like.

Is English your first language? Not to be rude but I find it hard to understand you.

·
Registered
e2008 GT Line
271 Posts
Rui, is actually very knowledgeable with Peugeots and there is not much he doesn't know. But he was on this occasion basing his theory on the manual which is not correct. I have also checked mine, and Rui now understands that the lights are brighter in auto compared to sidelights and both the "side lights" (three bars) and fangs are continuously on weather your are in Auto or Side lights no the stalk.

I also checked and the Three bars and fangs when indicating and they also don't dim down when in use.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Rui, is actually very knowledgeable with Peugeots and there is not much he doesn't know. But he was on this occasion basing his theory on the manual which is not correct. I have also checked mine, and Rui now understands that the lights are brighter in auto compared to sidelights and both the "side lights" (three bars) and fangs are continuously on weather your are in Auto or Side lights no the stalk.

I also checked and the Three bars and fangs when indicating and they also don't dim down when in use.
Are you in neutral when checking? I am wondering if when on D or B that it does actually dim... though I doubt it based on other e-208s I've seen when driving in the day!

·
Registered
1,079 Posts
It seems you can not understand. Fangs act as DRL and as parking lights. During the day, when stalk is put to off or Auto position, fangs will be on highest brightness, so it's visible during the day. In the night (stalk on auto), or on park position, fangs will dim since it's to bright for night driving.

·
Registered
e2008 GT Line
271 Posts
As above, of course they will be brighter during the day as dimming the during the day would be pointless. They would not dim during the day on auto.

·
Registered
e2008 GT Line
271 Posts
I have not tested with a lux meter, but I would suggest they are no brighter than any new car running full LED DRL.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts