Peugeot Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
During a rare visit under the bonnet of my 206 HDI 1.4 I noticed that a cable which connects to the top side of the alternator was partially broken.
This is a 2 core cable, one core of which was broken clean through.

It's clearly not the main alternator connection which is a thicker wire lower down. It is not shown in the circuit diagram in the Haynes manual.

Strange thing is everything seems to be working normally apart from the air conditioning.

Any ideas please?

·
Registered
1,002 Posts
sqrlg said:
During a rare visit under the bonnet of my 206 HDI 1.4 I noticed that a cable which connects to the top side of the alternator was partially broken.
This is a 2 core cable, one core of which was broken clean through.

It's clearly not the main alternator connection which is a thicker wire lower down. It is not shown in the circuit diagram in the Haynes manual.

Strange thing is everything seems to be working normally apart from the air conditioning.

Any ideas please?
Welcome to the forum..

now thats a strange one.. the wires should be one for the battery charge indicator, one should be earth (rare) and one thats for the battery to keep it charged.. I will check again to exactly what it is and will update you..

wrt the AC not working.. its an entirely different matter and got nothing to do with the alternator.. 90% of these are due to system needing recharged (ie with gas) and sometimes its the fuse which is very rare to happen..

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks.
The cable plugs in to the side of the alternator.
The main charge output is above it (not below as I said before) with its return presumably via earth.

The aircon problem is apparently a duff condensor which will cost £350 to fix, so I won't be bothering.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Alternator wiring

Welcome to the forum..

now thats a strange one.. the wires should be one for the battery charge indicator, one should be earth (rare) and one thats for the battery to keep it charged.. I will check again to exactly what it is and will update you..

wrt the AC not working.. its an entirely different matter and got nothing to do with the alternator.. 90% of these are due to system needing recharged (ie with gas) and sometimes its the fuse which is very rare to happen..
Can you please tell me if you found the answer to this one and what it was?

Thanks.

G

·
The body of the alternator is earth. The small wire is a 12v supply to excite the alternator to start charging. It comes from the BSI as far as I remember.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.