Peugeot Forums banner
1 - 20 of 47 Posts

·
Registered
620 Posts
What is the average MPG that owners are getting from a 1.6 HDI 120bhp so far?

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk
For the 1.6 diesel 120:

Short drives and town - at least 47mpg.
For 70 mph motorway on cruise control - 57-67mph depending on terrain and traffic, that's an average over 80 miles and other motorway/major A road cruising distance it's done. I suspect 70s possible if not going over hills.

·
Registered
76 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
For the 1.6 diesel 120:

Short drives and town - at least 47mpg.
For 70 mph motorway on cruise control - 57-67mph depending on terrain and traffic, that's an average over 80 miles and other motorway/major A road cruising distance it's done. I suspect 70s possible if not going over hills.
47mpg isnt bad. In my 1.7 Sportage I was lucky to 38mpg

·
Registered
314 Posts
I'd be interested in the 1.2 manual figures too. Also if you post could you say whether the figures are what the car tells you, or whether you worked it out yourself ( i.e filling up then dividing miles done by gallons used after refilling). I find on most cars the mpg calculations show you have got more mpg than is actually the case.

·
Registered
620 Posts
47mpg isnt bad. In my 1.7 Sportage I was lucky to 38mpg

I think it's the S&S. On a recent trip the stationary traffic at the channel tunnel UK side clocked up 30 minutes S&S time alone.

My 1.8 TDCI Mk2 focus would do 47mpg on the motorway cruising and 33-4s for town.

However I think averaged over more time that 47mpg figure will be less. The car tends to only be used for trips over 20 minutes or with loads.

·
Registered
509 Posts
Just got back from Brighton (to Hertfordshire) and managed 51.3 mpg from the 3008 GT (2.0l diesel 180bhp), mainly motorway driving (did not use Sport mode today!)
Hell Yeah! I'll have some of that on a plate if/when I get my GT! Current Kia 1.6T can only just average 31mpg and it's even worse when the school run gets involved!

·
Registered
1,243 Posts
Such a light vehicle on a long 'hot' run is as good as it's going to get.
The much lighter 1.2 wouldn't be far off that.......but then we don't know what the average speed was.

·
Registered
408 Posts
I'd be interested in the 1.2 manual figures too. Also if you post could you say whether the figures are what the car tells you, or whether you worked it out yourself ( i.e filling up then dividing miles done by gallons used after refilling). I find on most cars the mpg calculations show you have got more mpg than is actually the case.

Manual 1.2 - managed 51.3 mpg on an average 47 mph over a distance of 83 miles.

·
Registered
683 Posts
Best I have had is an unbelievable 59.3 MPG most of it was 50MPH from Fleet service station to my house, average speed camera's with cruise control set to 52MPH This figure is what the Peugeot app is telling me. Not had anything like it since. GT-line 1.2

1 - 20 of 47 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.