Peugeot Forums banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
182 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok, thinking about selling the 407.

56 reg, 2.0 HDI SE, 113k miles, full service history, 11 months MOT, 2 months tax, 3 new tyres last months (spare on as other tyre which is like new). Excellent condition. Part leather seats, climate control, electric folding mirrors, electric seats etc. Excellent condition.

Faults:
* Boot leaks water and can't seem to stop it.
* Rear parking sensors fault (most likely caused by the water leak as controller in the boot)
* Tyre pressure sensor fault, need turning off with planet (replaced valves 2 yrs ago)
* Play in NS ball joint, so will need replacing soon.
* Cam belt will need to be replaced at 118k miles
* Temperature gauge & Oil temperature gauge reading inconsistent.
* Clutch slips in 4th-6th under heavy accelerating. (been doing it for the past 50k miles).

I have had the car for 28 months. Mainly motorway mileage. I have put 61k of those miles on it.

So, what do you think it's worth. :cool:

Come on be serious :D

·
Registered
117 Posts

Hi

Its a nice looking car and if it did not need the work at garage price of £1000 to £1500, It would be worth what £1700 to £2200 so I would say its worth £500 to £1000.

Thanks Vpug

·
Registered
117 Posts
Hi
Its still ok to a car with tax up to October.
( The planned switch from paper tax discs to relying on electronic records in a cost-cutting move to be introduced in October will make it impossible for drivers to transfer remaining periods of car tax to new owners).
Thanks Vpug

Good looking car indeed. Shame we can't sell them with tax anymore.

·
Registered
298 Posts
Auto trader has better for 1300-1900 ish
My 2l 04 petrol, with non of your faults and 105k is worth 700-800 according to most dealers and around 1300 for similar in auto trader.....
With those faults? £500!
Sad but true....I was shocked at the price mine would get.

·
Registered
394 Posts
Yeah but the diesel ones are worth considerably more than the petrol ones, and sw's a bit more desirable than saloons.

A diesel saloon in nice nick with those toys (get sensors and tpms turned off in planet first, don't mention in belt unless asked) should see £1500-1800 as a private sale, £800-1100 as a trade in :thumb:

The faults are relatively minor tbf :nod:

C

·
0 Posts
I got £700 in January trade in for my 55plate 407se 2.0 hdi sw which had no real faults tbh Everything worked and no leaks 6 months MOT no Tax as I surrendered it :D

C

·
0 Posts
You'd get more breaking it, that's if you got the space and time. Something I'll be considering when my 407 is replaced later this year.

·
Registered
182 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
I got £700 in January trade in for my 55plate 407se 2.0 hdi sw which had no real faults tbh Everything worked and no leaks 6 months MOT no Tax as I surrendered it :D
I was thinking £750-£1k trade in, interested to see you now have a 2.0TDI Mondy..what do you think to it as looking at that as a possible replacement...

C

·
0 Posts
I was thinking £750-£1k trade in, interested to see you now have a 2.0TDI Mondy..what do you think to it as looking at that as a possible replacement...
I Love it I had one previous to the 407 did have to go for a high model tho to get decent spec like the Pug but its punchy through the gears good economy and nice all rounder to drive. NO real issues to look out for except the DMF and as mines an earlier ish one no DPF woop woop!

1 - 14 of 14 Posts