Peugeot Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm thinking of giving my left foot a retirement and would like to replace my 406 diesel manual with an automatic - the problem is there seem to be literally none one sale within a reasonable distance.

Is this because not many were ever made/sold? Or because they had reliability problems and have been scrapped?

Maybe I should consider a 407 auto, but I really prefer the 406.

·
Registered
911 Posts
Nothing wrong with a 406 HDI auto, just not many produced with the auto box.
Because 406`s are such lovely cars people tend to keep them. My wife has been driving a 1997 406 petrol auto for years,never let her down so she will keep it for ages.
As I said HDI autos are a rare beast,so to find one you will have to travel.Good luck.

·
Registered
15,377 Posts
There are not many diesel autos left as not many people would pay up for them when new as Old Pug says people tend to keep them for a long time.

I think i have had about 3 over the years ! including 1 citroen BX auto it was brilliant i ran it till the suspension pipes were all ready to pop :)

407 not anywhere near as good as 406 :(

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
thanks all, I'll setup an email alert and be patient then. A real shame that Peugeot didn't continue the 406 for longer, the 407 I hear isn't as reliable, and probably have to worry about expensive things like the DPF going.

·
Registered
911 Posts
thanks all, I'll setup an email alert and be patient then. A real shame that Peugeot didn't continue the 406 for longer, the 407 I hear isn't as reliable, and probably have to worry about expensive things like the DPF going.
That one I linked on Autotrader looks a really nice car.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts