Peugeot Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi to all. Very quick question. My 307 was registered on the 31/03/2005. Does this make it a facelift or pre- facelift
Many thanks
Jim

·
Registered
5,916 Posts
Yours will be pre facelift.
Facelift on the 307 came in late 2005 so a 55 plate would be a facelift.

Apart from the obvious body styling differences, the pre-facelift had a van/can network but the facelift moved to full can. This resulted in things like a new MFD & stereo amongst other things but those two are the most obvious.

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Unfortunately it's the 1.6 HDI. I had the same engine in a Ford years ago so I'm aware of the issues they can have. It's had a good service history but missed the last one so I'm changing the oil and filter as we speak. Due to a change in circumstances money was very tight and picked this up. The car itself is virtually in mint condition. Just needed a servic and two tie rods which I now have

·
Registered
5,916 Posts
My first 307 was a 1.6 hdi 90. Registered Jan 06 on a 55 plate. Brilliant car until some braindead bimbo t boned it and wrote it off. It still managed to get me back home from work which was 60 miles away. Thanks to the measly insurance payout despite my not being at fault I couldn't replace it with one of the same age so bought a 2.0 hdi 90 on an 04 plate. This was also a great car though I had some wear & tear items to deal with. Traded that one in for my current 308.

Extremely impressed with all three of my Peugeots and when my son passed his test I bought him a 207 1.4 vti on a 57 plate. That has been just as reliable. I'm more than satisfied with all the peugeots I've bought and unlike some people I don't expect them to have the finish or material quality of a top of the range beamer, merc or audi so don't feel the need to compare the pugs with those kind of cars.

·
Registered
1,805 Posts
Unfortunately it's the 1.6 HDI. I had the same engine in a Ford years ago so I'm aware of the issues they can have. It's had a good service history but missed the last one so I'm changing the oil and filter as we speak. Due to a change in circumstances money was very tight and picked this up. The car itself is virtually in mint condition. Just needed a servic and two tie rods which I now have
They do need nursing:D

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #12 (Edited)
I only paid £700 for her, it's just done 94,000 miles, mot till oct with an almost full service history. Nice little cd multi changer built in, lots of hidden storage places I keep finding too. So far it's doing 60 mpg on fast roads which I think it good. Plus I'm amazed at the boot size

1 - 12 of 12 Posts