Peugeot Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
81 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi,
so this https://www.oponeo.ie/tyre-guide/correct-tyre-pressure/for-peugeot/307cc/1-6/80 says 2.3 bar for front and 2.3-2.7 bar for rear.

So it advocates more pressure for rear.

Now this thread (as an examples) advocates more pressure for front (which is the opposite as what that site says).

Which is correct?

Anyways I got my front to 2.3 bar and it seems waaaaay too low, check out the image:

Or does it look ok to you? For me it looks lay way way too low.\, but maybe it is supposed to look like that.
It is 307 cc if that matters.

·
Registered
81 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Says 2,3 on my car, but damn, it looks really bad (see picture). To b honest I was on 2,4 and thought it was really empty, went to gas station to make it up to 2,3 so it actually went down (from my unknown 2,4 to 2,3).

Something is not right.

Or does it look ok in my picture for you? Maybe this is normal...

·
6,304 Posts
Looks normal you have about 60%+ of the weight at the front of the vehicle due to engine and gearbox position so tyres always look under pressure

·
Registered
81 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Looks normal you have about 60%+ of the weight at the front of the vehicle due to engine and gearbox position so tyres always look under pressure
Yeah, that is why I would expect the requirement/suggestion for front to be much higher than 2.3.

My logic would be:
More weight on front = more bars in the tire.
Less weight on the rear = less bars in the tire.

:cool:

·
Registered
3,467 Posts
my missus car says 2.5 front and between 2.5 and 3.0 on the rear.

she has exactly the same wheels as you

i find with my old tyres goodyear efficient grip they always looked flat. the bigger tyres on them wheels do show them as a bit flat

·
Registered
155 Posts
Hi,
so this https://www.oponeo.ie/tyre-guide/correct-tyre-pressure/for-peugeot/307cc/1-6/80 says 2.3 bar for front and 2.3-2.7 bar for rear.

So it advocates more pressure for rear.

Now this thread (as an examples) advocates more pressure for front (which is the opposite as what that site says).

Which is correct?

Anyways I got my front to 2.3 bar and it seems waaaaay too low, check out the image:

Or does it look ok to you? For me it looks lay way way too low.\, but maybe it is supposed to look like that.
It is 307 cc if that matters.
Standard pressure for these cars is 36 psi front and 36 psi rear....that converts to 2.482 Bar or 248 Kpa.
As with any FWD car they have a normal weight bias to the front but the Pug is fairly evenly weighted so use the above figures front and rear for normal driving and if you load up your car often, it will need a slightly higher pressure in rear....always check pressures when tyres are cold or near cold.

·
Registered
2,461 Posts
Pressure is tyre profile dependent, so if you ever change tyres for a different profile the pressure required will change. That's why some say 2.3, others 2.4. I always erred on the high side, normally using 2.5 in the front for the 205/55/16 tyres on mine.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts