Peugeot Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi

going to look at a 2005 2.0 hdi auto executive on Saturday, just doing a bit of research before i go. Anything to look out for? i've read on here about the lower ball joints, i'm half handy with some spanners so they don't sound too bad, anything else?

found a doc online stating cambelt change at 180,000kms i worked that out to be about 112k is that right? what's the avg price at a main dealer as this cars done 109k so could be a bargaining point

·
Registered
214 Posts
Locally I can buy a Cambelt kit for £82.50 from GSF Car Parts and I know a bloke who will change the belt for £50 at Peugeot I dont think you would get much change out of £300. I thought the interval was around the 70k - 80k mark. Things to look out for ....where do i start
1. Tyre Valves - See if corroded if so Pressure Sensor Valves £100
2. Indicators Brake Lights on do you get a bulb failure message on dash - If so the the light clusters earth points are corroded and burnt out. Easy mod to fix but Peugeot change the Light Cluster £250 a side
3. Amber display on dash mists over completly black when warm - Over £200 at the dealers and it needs coding to the car
4. Remote Keys - They fall apart see how many keys you get
5. Ball joints - Over £100 a side (£36 Fleabay)
Thats it really

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Newspaperman said:
Locally I can buy a Cambelt kit for £82.50 from GSF Car Parts and I know a bloke who will change the belt for £50 at Peugeot I dont think you would get much change out of £300. I thought the interval was around the 70k - 80k mark. Things to look out for ....where do i start
1. Tyre Valves - See if corroded if so Pressure Sensor Valves £100
2. Indicators Brake Lights on do you get a bulb failure message on dash - If so the the light clusters earth points are corroded and burnt out. Easy mod to fix but Peugeot change the Light Cluster £250 a side
3. Amber display on dash mists over completly black when warm - Over £200 at the dealers and it needs coding to the car
4. Remote Keys - They fall apart see how many keys you get
5. Ball joints - Over £100 a side (£36 Fleabay)
Thats it really

i'm good on all the above, even got a new key:thumb: apart from showing low tyre pressures on the rears

i have got an issue i've posted up separately though

·
Registered
214 Posts
Just a thought if its an executive your thinking of that could come with Sat Nav so the display part would not be an issue unles of course the Sat Nav displays go the same way. Make sure you get alll the DVD's or CDs for the navigation system its a pig if you dont have them they are not cheap.

And make sure that the plastic Code Card (Credit Card) is with the wallet apprarntly Peugeot need this when accessing Key codes and programming

1 - 4 of 4 Posts