Peugeot Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
now here's an interesting question .....
what is the biggest diameter throttle body available from the peugeot range to fit directly to the 19gti xu type plenum???
reason i ask is i have major engine mods with mega squirt engine management and need more air but stay within certain motorsport rules.

G

·
Any, within reason - it don't cost a lot to get an adaptor plate machined to mate virtually any TB with the standard inlet. Alternatively, machine out the existing TB.

whatever you do though, the biggest restriction is the inlet plenum intake area, and if you can't alter that then going bigger with the TB won't make much difference.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
what throttle body

thanks for the reply chopper well said and neatly put as i already run a much larger unit from a vauxhall with my own adaptor plate and have very good results.......BUT, my need is for info about anything available from the peugeot range specifically from the xu engine. the rules for road rallying require the throttle to remain in the standard equipment for engine type
ie. xu engine xu plenum and xu tb. i have looked on auto data and believe there to be a 405 19i 4x4 [not mi16] with a different setup but can't find one to look at.......

G

·
That's a rare beast indeed!

I've got a phII 405 Mi16 TB in the garage - I'll measure that for you. Problem is, if it has to be for the engine type then you're lumped with one from an XU9JA/Z engine from a 205, as the 405 used the XU9J2, and a sharp scrutineer will spot this.

I'd use the largest standard one they made, and bore it if the rules allow. If they don't I'd knife-edge the plate, and machine the spindle down to 1 arm.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
what throttle body

A rare beast indeed it is - any idea where to look for info , maybe i'll just
go and bug my local peugeot dealer and look on their parts system,
though as it's from the same xu9 it's allowable under the rules.
I'm mapping the ecu next week so it's going to be interesting to see what the difference will be between the two diameter throttles [standard at about 50mm and the one i'm currently running of about 68mm]

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.