Peugeot Forums banner
1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
Administrator
2,879 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
What this hole that's blanked off on driver and passenger door do.

Notice the spike thing in door which perfectly aligns with the hole.

Is it there for a GT trim only feature and what's it do?

·
Registered
1,616 Posts
What this hole that's blanked off on driver and passenger door do.

Notice the spike thing in door which perfectly aligns with the hole.

Is it there for a GT trim only feature and what's it do?
I have the same thing on my GT Paul, I assumed it is to gain access to a cavity if necessary.

·
Administrator
2,879 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I have the same thing on my GT Paul, I assumed it is to gain access to a cavity if necessary.
Just odd that spigot lines up with the hole.

Well if the GT is the same then it's not a trim thing.

Can't think of any extra option either that would need it.

·
Registered
1,230 Posts
Which bit are we referring to here?

·
Registered
1,230 Posts

·
Administrator
2,879 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Which bit are we referring to here?
There's a circular patch stuck over a hole on the left of the picture with a spigot sticking to of the door exactly in line with the patch.

I assumed it was there for something on the GT trim as my GT Line is blanked off, but Chris has the same on his GT.

It's on both drivers and passenger door frames.

·
Registered
1,230 Posts
Same arrangement on my GT 180.

Looking at Servicebox for the Dashboard parts and front door parts, its not entirely clear, but I reckon as Dautres says, its to gain access to the cavity and the patch is to protect the door?

·
Administrator
2,879 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Yes, I agree it's probably there to gain access, but why the spigot thing poking out at the exact height of that hole....seems too coincidental, plus the spigot is splined as if it's done that way so it goes into something to turn it.

Answers on a postcard.....

·
Registered
1,243 Posts
Maybe the spigot is associated with laser alignment and production line assembly.......just a guess though

·
Administrator
2,879 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Maybe the spigot is associated with laser alignment and production line assembly.......just a guess though
After seeing the 10mm misalignment from door to dashboard, I'd suggest there's not a laser line tool in the whole Sauchax factory!

·
Registered
1,275 Posts
I went and had a look at the GT Line and yes we have the same thing.
While looking I noticed there is no courtesy light switch so I'm guessing there is a magnet behind the plastic patch that contacts with the spigot that tells the car the door is open/closed. Just a theory..

Grumpy (scratching my head somewhat)

Reactions: Blaugrana314

·
Administrator
2,879 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 · (Edited)
While looking I noticed there is no courtesy light switch so I'm guessing there is a magnet behind the plastic patch that contacts with the spigot that tells the car the door is open/closed. Just a theory..

You could be right Grumps...now all we need is some brave volunteer to peel off the patch and see what's there....I'm not, well it is a 25 grand car....think I'm going to mess with it :D

·
Registered
19 Posts
You could be right Grumps...now all we need is some brave volunteer to peel off the patch and see what's there....I'm not, we'll is a 25 grand car....think I'm going to mess with it :D
Or we need a volunteer with a magnet -- open the door, make sure the courtesy light comes on. Then place magnet there and wait a bit to see if the light turns off.

·
Registered
15,376 Posts
These holes are present on other peugeots too it must be something the car has in other markets doubt its courtesy light related these are usually built into catch nowadays.

·
Registered
420 Posts

My GT-Line does not have this (at least I haven't seen it).

·
Registered
1,243 Posts
If the spigot is for the door to align with the gantry, to accurately position the door prior to tightening the hinge bolts, the hole (on our Cit also) would be to accomodate it when the door shuts?.

1 - 20 of 30 Posts