Peugeot Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
63 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Basically a friend is buying a 1.4 vti s on a 2006 reg, what common faults so these cars have and what should I look out for when viewing the car? Thanks guys:thumb:

C

·
0 Posts
They're crap. Tell your friend to divert his money to a Fiesta. I say this as a Peugeot fan and ex 207 owner.

·
Registered
63 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I've said that as I have a 1.6 gti 207 and I've had nothing but trouble with mine but she hasn't really got a choice, she bought a corsa from Evans halshaw but had nothing but trouble with it, so they have said they will swap it but only thing they have in around that price range is this 1.4 207 vti

·
Registered
1,860 Posts
I've said that as I have a 1.6 gti 207 and I've had nothing but trouble with mine but she hasn't really got a choice, she bought a corsa from Evans halshaw but had nothing but trouble with it, so they have said they will swap it but only thing they have in around that price range is this 1.4 207 vti
Mention to your friend Evans is a large company ask them to check stock at other dealers for an alternative car

Sent from AutoGuide.com App

·
Registered
343 Posts
You will actually find the 1.4Vti is an underpowered engine for a heavy hatchback (compared to the 206 for instance).

I used to own the 1.4Vti 95BHP 207 which is an improvement but still underpowered.

I believe the 1.6 THP 150 or 175 is a better choice but they have problems themselves in another department opposed to being underpowered.

The diesel 207's and diesel Peugeot's in general seem to fair better than petrol models.

Shame they bought it... lol

1 - 11 of 11 Posts