Peugeot Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
136 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
The tank in my 2004 307 2.0 xsi hdi is empty, the dealership have quoted me £50 + plus VAT making it £60.

Is this the stuff that I need?

1 Litre Pat Eolys DPF/Diesel Particulate Filter Fluid DPX 42/176 | eBay

How many miles would 1 litre be good for if it is as don't have the £££ at the minute to splash out for 4.5l.

After all the problems with my car I fitted a new DPF and the economy improved slightly, with new fluid in it should it increase a bit more?

At it's worst I was only getting 385 miles to a tank of diesel, getting around 430 now. What should I be expecting?

Regards

C

·
0 Posts
Should be the right stuff it's what I'm running in my 407 for the last 12-18 months, don't forget you'll need refill kit as well.

Tank holds 3 to 3.5 ltrs I think, so most need filling around 100 to 120k mark so 1 Ltd should be good for 30 to 40k.

Peugeot Planet owner, Doncaster

·
Registered
136 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks CAB, how hard is it to fill the tank. I now know where it is after looking under car this morning when I was out reading the faults from my other thread.

C

·
0 Posts
Thanks CAB, how hard is it to fill the tank. I now know where it is after looking under car this morning when I was out reading the faults from my other thread.
It's pretty easy to do, I just put car on ramps to do it no need to remove wheel.
Taking it steady should take under an hour, check carparts4less and eurocarparts for prices and on cp4less use discount code saveme75 for 7.5% off :thumb:

·
Registered
136 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Had a lot of trouble with this car and DPF, tried to get the DPF remapped out and got the DPF removed (hacked out) but the car didn't like it. Got fed up running the 40 miles to and from the remapper to be told this and that so just decided to stick a new one in it and got the original map stuck back on.

Still getting the anti-pollution fault as seen on the other topic but from some googling of the faults is saying the green temperature sensor which I had a new one at home so took the old one off and cleared the faults so am hoping that fixes it.

Just out of interest what sort of gains should I expect from a remap with the DPF in?

·
Registered
136 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
If you go to the 307 and click the thread for temperature sensor help, you had replied day before yesterday. I took another reading saying:

Permanent fault. Air temperature after exchanger signal. Short circuit to earth.
Permanent fault. Air temperature after exchanger signal. Coherence with the intake air temperature
Permanent fault. Air temperature after exchanger signal. Temperature change coherence.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts