Peugeot Forums banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
231 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My plan was to get planet 2000 and run it on my very old laptop i have had lurking in the loft for years, which runs xp. The laptop runs so slow so i have not got a new laptop with my new phone contract, but it runs with windows 7.What is my best bet now, i would just like to keep windows 7 and to beable to run the software with it.

·
Registered
821 Posts
what type of windows 7? home, pro, ultimate? windows 7 has thing called xp mode, so you could run your software from it. or just install xp and make it dualboot :)

J

·
0 Posts
Don't think Planet will run in "XP Mode" :nono:

Best bet, is to partition the hard drive, install XP on the partition, and make it a dual boot machine - normal for Win7, but with the option to boot as XP for Planet.

You could also run XP as a virtual machine within Win7, but this hasn't proven to be as stable as a dual boot option.

·
Registered
231 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
It has windows 7 home , i am not clued up on all this pc stuff so running xp virtual ect i would not have a clue. Is there no software that would just run with my windows 7. I do have windows xp disc has thats whats on my tower system, but i would not have a clue how to partion my hard drive ect plus i would need another xp key.

·
Registered
9,733 Posts
It has windows 7 home , i am not clued up on all this pc stuff so running xp virtual ect i would not have a clue. Is there no software that would just run with my windows 7. I do have windows xp disc has thats whats on my tower system, but i would not have a clue how to partion my hard drive ect plus i would need another xp key.
look for the Diagbox on sale in one of the threads and it has win7 software with it.:thumb:

C

·
0 Posts
VMware player is easy to use and set up :nod:

Don't worry about the xp key etc plenty on here can help there!!

·
Registered
231 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
What's the make and model of the old laptop? I have a big box of laptop parts so might be able to ramp up the memory for you.
I have put it back in the loft now, its a old dell laptop, you can only access one stick of memory at the back. The other stick is hidden which comes with the laptop, when i opened the back there was no spare memory in, so i put a stick in not sure if it was a 250 or 500mb but think the laptop has a total of 750mb now and i think it will only take a max of 1000mb. Its just so slow doing anything, you have to wait so long for things to happen.

R

·
0 Posts
im running windows 7 and so far all is good on the softwear that comes with it has pp2000 for windows xp only and diagbox 6.01 for windows 7 ..install is straight forward as it comes with writen instructions and a video guide im not great with computers and i managed to install it right..

·
Registered
231 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
im running windows 7 and so far all is good on the softwear that comes with it has pp2000 for windows xp only and diagbox 6.01 for windows 7 ..install is straight forward as it comes with writen instructions and a video guide im not great with computers and i managed to install it right..
:)Did you buy the one for £110 off this site, think thats the way forward then.:D

R

·
0 Posts
yes i did buy from him its quailty gear too not chinese rubbish all german.
just contact him and he will sort you out.ps you can install it straight from the instructions with out watching the video just make sure you select diagbox 6.01 for windows seven do exactly as it says in the instuctions and youll have no problems.ok so hes not the cheapest but if you have any problems he will help and you get 12 months warrenty with the kit...good luck

J

·
0 Posts
That sort of memory shouldn't be a problem for the laptop.... my old XP laptop I use for PP only has 512mb memory, and that manages PP without a problem. I did have a clean install of XP, and other than PP, Lexia and AutoData, thats all its used for.

·
Registered
231 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
That sort of memory shouldn't be a problem for the laptop.... my old XP laptop I use for PP only has 512mb memory, and that manages PP without a problem. I did have a clean install of XP, and other than PP, Lexia and AutoData, thats all its used for.
:(I did put a clean install of xp on and there is nothing else on but its still slow when i go on the web.:confused:

·
Registered
231 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
yes i did buy from him its quailty gear too not chinese rubbish all german.
just contact him and he will sort you out.ps you can install it straight from the instructions with out watching the video just make sure you select diagbox 6.01 for windows seven do exactly as it says in the instuctions and youll have no problems.ok so hes not the cheapest but if you have any problems he will help and you get 12 months warrenty with the kit...good luck
:)Cheers for that, think that might be my way forward when i get some overtime.

R

·
0 Posts
dont forget to tell him your from peugeotforums youll get the postage fee returned..:lol:

1 - 20 of 20 Posts