Peugeot Forums banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've got a 2015 308 SW 120 bluehdi. I need new front discs and pads. When choosing what to get I have a choice of 266mm or 283mm. Any idea what would be the correct size to get?

·
6,311 Posts
Post the last 8 digits of your VIN and we can see what was fitted to your car on servicebox

Sent from my SM-T830 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
10 Posts
You could check with the peugeot garage. But most of the times a Diesel car has bigger brake discs than petrol, so i guess the 283 are the right ones.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I went into a Peugeot dealership yesterday and asked a guy on the parts desk and all he wanted to do was sell me some overpriced pads and discs and wouldn't tell me what size I needed.

·
Registered
2,461 Posts
You said in your original post that the car was a308 SW 120 blue HDi, but according to service box it's the 2.0 HDi 150.

I wondered why it had larger discs than mine.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Mine is a 120 BlueHDi. Wonder why it came up with that. I've actually just took wheel off to measure and it is 283mm

·
Registered
2,461 Posts
Just shows you can't trust any source.

Just as well you didn't buy the expensive discs from the Peugeot dealer.

Did you try putting your car reg into Euro Car Parts? Just make sure they have a discount code when you decide to buy, can save a lot of money. And buy online, not in the shop.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
I did, if you enter the reg number into euro car parts or similar sites, it gives you all the various sizes. Why I came on here. But bit the bullet and actually took the wheel off and measure it.

·
Registered
695 Posts
Last 8 digits of vin is ES297429.
Nope you have definately got the VIN wrong,your original post said 429 at the end but in your last post with the picture you can see its 489..

which in servicebox shows up as a 308 (T9) 5 DOOR ESTATE 1.6 HDi 120 PEF (DV6FC) STT TYPE 6-SPEED MANUAL GEARBOX

With 283mm discs part no - 9803918180

SERVICEBOX was correct :)

1 - 20 of 20 Posts