Peugeot Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
180 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
MOT on wednesday, but it doesnt look like its gonna make it there. did the oil and oil filter today and took her out a drive tonight and it went well for about 10 minutes...then...started to hear a knock and immediately stopped. opened the bonnet and engine smoking/ steam. checked oil, seemed just slightly over MAX. checked coolant in tank, seemed okay. towed to garage already to get it looked at tomorrow. any advice?

history of the car just to help piece it together is... fan belt caught on crank pulley, timing slippped, result, head repaired, new gasket, t/ belt and fan belt. woodruff key had sheared so changed cam pulley and she started. car seemed to be driving okay but ive only drove it a few times cause it has no MOT yet.

thanks guys

·
Registered
180 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
didnt really notice anything obvious around the cap. but there was steam/ white smoke. but to be fair i stopped driving as soon as i heard the faint knock. im just confused if it is head gasket and its just been changed :confused:

·
Registered
1,045 Posts
where was the smoke/steam coming from? and knocking could have been your injectors like its got dirt or some brass bits from the intank pump that could be on its way out.

i seen a 307 that the intank was fooked and all the brass from the intank pump made its why passed the fuel filter and into the injectors how i know when i removed the fuel line brass bits where found in the lines :eek: the car did run but was knocking like hell, new/2nd hand parts where used and its all good now.

·
Registered
180 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
from the top of the engine. the knocking was quite faint but still didnt sound good. was with the mechanic this morning and we let it idle for 10 mins and then took it a drive and all seemed okay up to 50mph anyway, no knocking but although im sure she wasnt very hot yet. could it be thermostat? or head gasket? im lost

·
Registered
180 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
okay update.... took her a drive for about 20 minutes there stopping halfway. just normal driving. both top and bottom rad pipes were extremely hot after 10 minutes. guage showed anything from 79-85/6. had some misting when i stopped and let it idle, seemed to be coming from radiator top hose, just looked like sheer heat. i bled the coolant housing screw before i left, took a couple of second before any water came. then bled the air box one too. is this all normal? basically what i had the other night was the steam i got today off the radiator but a lot more!

help!

1 - 10 of 10 Posts