Peugeot Forums banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi there, have been driving a 406 coupe 2.2 SE for the past 9 years, was thinking of buying a 407 coupe 2.2 SE. Problem is though I live in Belgium, and was wondering if anybody knows what needs changing with the lights when converting to left hand drive standards. Ie can the front lights beam be adjusted, or will I need to buy replacement clusters ? I found new ones online, over 1000 Euro each ! Also, for the rear lights, I assume it only has 1 fog light like the 406 coupe ? Can this be easily changed over or would I have to change the whole rear light cluster ? Simple questions for many people I'm sure but I can't find the answers anywhere, and would be afraid to buy the car without knowing the answers in case the costs make it prohibitive !

·
Registered
159 Posts
If you have Xenon headlights there is a simple adjustment lever on the back of the unit that is moved to provide right dipping.
If you have bulbs then the whole headlight units need replacing.
Rear foglight needs to be on the offside of the vehicle.
If you have 2 then nothing to be done.
If it's on the right side only you need to replace the left one unless that means losing the reversing light then that means replacing both.
My SW has fogs both sides. I would expect the coupe to be the same.
Done this for cars in France so I assume the same rules apply.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
How many rear fog and reverse lights on a 407 coupe ?

Ashday, thanks a lot for your advice. Do you know though how many rear fog lights and reverse lights a 407 coupe has ? I have been trying to find the answer but can’t. If the car has 2 of each obviously there is no issue, but my 406 coupe only has 1 of each.

·
5,123 Posts
I'll ask on my facebook page

Sent from my K013 using Tapatalk

·
5,123 Posts
Yea both light when switched on, answer from a coupe owner

·
5,123 Posts
Foglights, that's what you wanted to know wasn't it

·
5,123 Posts
I've asked about reverse lights as well now

·
5,123 Posts
Yep 2 reverse lights as well, next question

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
OK, great thanks ! So no need to adapt / change the rear light cluster then. Only thing I'm slightly worried about still is the front lights, as you said 'If you have Xenon headlights there is a simple adjustment lever on the back of the unit that is moved to provide right dipping.' All 407 coupes have Xenon lights I think. Another thread said basically same as you that you could move switch to provide a flat beam.

Somebody else told me might be possible to reprogram the lights for LHD. If I haven't worn out your patience maybe you could ask your FB friends what they did when they went abroad ? If I am sure about this issue I will come over ASAP to see the car. The MOT over here is stricter than in the UK, and don't want to end up having to buy new Xenons which would cost as much as the car itself...really ! Don't see any cheaper aftermarket alternatives on Ebay either. Ok....so that was my next question !! :) Thanks again !!

·
Registered
159 Posts
With Xenon lights the lever is a sort of collar with a tab on it that allows you to rotate the tube.The reflector/beam shape is built into the tube.
With ordinary bulbs it's built into the plastic housing. Hence you have to change the whole thing.
I don't have access to a coupe myself so hopefully someone else on here can point you in the right direction regarding the foglights.
I've found the best place to get LHD headlights is Germany.
Try looking on ebay de.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Thanks again for the advice. Looked on e-bay de and found replacement xenons much cheaper, still over 500 euro each though ! Anyway, hope to be able to avoid that situation of needing to buy new lights !

1 - 15 of 15 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.