Peugeot Forums banner

1 - 20 of 49 Posts
J

·
0 Posts
bettyswollocks said:
As above, any figures for round town ,think mines not great 33 round town.
That wouldn't sound too bad, compared to mine anyhow, I get 29mpg with the 2.0HDi around town

J

·
0 Posts
bettyswollocks said:
Sorted ,sticking front brakes,now getting 45mpg round town 50+ outside.:thumb:
How did you find out that was the problem?

Mine isn't brilliant, but I've put it down to 3 ish mile journeys and a lot of cold running.... never get the quoted mpg though

·
Registered
9,725 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
jmkent said:
How did you find out that was the problem?

Mine isn't brilliant, but I've put it down to 3 ish mile journeys and a lot of cold running.... never get the quoted mpg though
Go for a 5min drive then using the "BACK" of your hand touch the discs to see if they are really hot ,sticky caliper, or if your losing speed freewheeling down an slight slope somethings not right.

·
Registered
9,725 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Work this out , went to the dealer that sold me the car and said "my fuel consumption is down i think my brakes are sticking",
response was ,we`ll look at them for you and clean them ,at this point a simple person would put it on a lift and spin the wheels checking to see which one`s are sticking,RIGHT!!!!

WRONG ,they cleaned the bloody front ones and it was the back ones that were sticking most and they never checked them while it was in the air , F*ck Me how stupid can one be?
Took it to my own mechanic to clean back ones today, i admit when coming from dealers there was a improvement in mpg so i originally thought it was cured but after a while noticed things not quite were they should be.

ps never even chipped round disc with a hammer.:mad:

Attachments

·
Registered
914 Posts
bettyswollocks said:
Work this out , went to the dealer that sold me the car and said "my fuel consumption is down i think my brakes are sticking",
response was ,we`ll look at them for you and clean them ,at this point a simple person would put it on a lift and spin the wheels checking to see which one`s are sticking,RIGHT!!!!

WRONG ,they cleaned the bloody front ones and it was the back ones that were sticking most and they never checked them while it was in the air , F*ck Me how stupid can one be?
Took it to my own mechanic to clean back ones today, i admit when coming from dealers there was a improvement in mpg so i originally thought it was cured but after a while noticed things not quite were they should be.

ps never even chipped round disc with a hammer.:mad:
they are hopless mate... thats why I like to do most of the work myself...

honestly, all Im missing is a two post ramp..

C

·
0 Posts
As a comparison, my old 3008 (not got the new one yet) with the 1.6 engine managed 53MPG average, low 40's about town. Not bad, considering it's lardier and less aero than the 407.

62 MPG out of my 1st tank on the 107 without even trying on a tight motor :thumb:

·
Registered
9,725 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Still not happy with mpg ,average 35 -45 not great , aircon kicking in alot with the climate control no way to turn it off it seems unless turn off the fans at dash ,so i disconnected the aircon under the bonnet today and will run for a week to see any difference.

·
Registered
9,725 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
bettyswollocks said:
Still not happy with mpg ,average 35 -45 not great , aircon kicking in alot with the climate control no way to turn it off it seems unless turn off the fans at dash ,so i disconnected the aircon under the bonnet today and will run for a week to see any difference.
Seems i was having a moment ,reconnected plug under bonnet as you can turn of aircon through menu on dash ,what an idiot ,so i`ve been driving all week with my aircon and wondering why i was burning fuel ,well i was powering a 5kw aircon unit ,lets see what a week without aircon makes to my mpg.:eek:

J

·
0 Posts
Odd how it may sound, but for some reason mine seems to do better with the air con on :confused: Been driving without it, and get 39ish mpg today, turned it back on, and went up to 41mpg... wouldn't think it was the roads as one was up, and then back down the other side.... but I can't understand why it is this way.... similar to getting better mpg driving in 5th gear than in 6th gear when on normal 60mph roads :confused:

·
Registered
9,725 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Will let you know how i get on over next few days ,not as if i need aircon this country is always freezing.:lol:

J

·
0 Posts
bettyswollocks said:
not as if i need aircon this country is always freezing.:lol:
True... more useful for speed of demisting the screen more than anything else I find

·
Registered
9,725 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Well went for a spin today ,mpg went from 33mpg to 46mpg over a 15 mile road with ups, downs and twists ,no more aircon for me.:thumb:

J

·
0 Posts
bettyswollocks said:
Well went for a spin today ,mpg went from 33mpg to 46mpg over a 15 mile road with ups, downs and twists ,no more aircon for me.:thumb:
Wonder if it has more of an effect on the 1.6 than the 2.0 :confused:

J

·
0 Posts
bettyswollocks said:
Maybe some of the other guys can tell us that.:confused:
Well if it is a 5kW motor as you say, this equates to about 7hp.
7hp has a larger % difference on the 110bhp 1.6 engine than the 136bhp 2.0 engine. So to in effect lose 7hp of engine power will have a greater effect on the 1.6..... assuming my logic stands-up :D

·
Registered
68 Posts
We are gettig around 44-45 genral use to and from work, 56 and over on motor way, I have just fitted on of those drake box 2 on ours to see how much more mpg we can get and a little more power. To say though i was sat doing arouns 55-60mph and the instant consumpsion was saying i was getting over 100mpg, cant be right.

·
Registered
9,725 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
zerocool5050 said:
Checked trip computer today and the average round town mpg is going up now at 48:D
Looks like the drakebox 2 is doing its job...
Gonna have to do something ,can`t get over 35mpg around town ,remap or box methinks.

1 - 20 of 49 Posts