Peugeot Forums banner

1 - 20 of 28 Posts
C

·
0 Posts
That's a very good figure for town driving. The motorway figure is a bit low, but that depends on what speeds you typically punt out on the fast roads.

·
Registered
4,506 Posts
:O what engine size and fuel do you use....

i get around the same for town but motorway im looking at 30-45mpg and that is 65-70mph. tyre pressures are correct etc.... mind you it could be the fact it is 9 years old :D

·
Registered
101 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I do have quite a heavy foot and on motorways I do not exceed 70mph +10% of course.

My last (first) long run inthis car was Sheffield to Skegness which is all 50-60 roads but I was doing a fair bit of overtaking, and I do love the windy roads, so probably not as economical as I could have been.

As for the engine its a 1.6 4 yrs old.

·
Registered
4,506 Posts
yeah 10% of course...:p

yeah sounds the same as myself, engine size and types of roads, but can never get that mpg....im going to put it down the age.

·
Registered
66 Posts
My 2.0HDi (90bhp) is returning 33.2 according to the onboard computer. That is all town driving but is still lower than what I expected.

It doesn't help that I think a couple of my injectors are over fuelling though!!

·
Registered
101 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
aasgmhill said:
My 2.0HDi (90bhp) is returning 33.2 according to the onboard computer. That is all town driving but is still lower than what I expected.

It doesn't help that I think a couple of my injectors are over fuelling though!!

My 306 used to return figures like that (same engine) tried allsorts to sort it out but never could, so I got rid as my work was moving and needed more economy.

·
Registered
93 Posts
Average about 42mpg on mine, 50:50 blend of motorway and town driving. It's a 1.4HDI 2005. I think it's sh*te for this kind of car.

·
Registered
66 Posts
jonohanson said:
My 306 used to return figures like that (same engine) tried allsorts to sort it out but never could, so I got rid as my work was moving and needed more economy.
I was originally returning 28mpg until I replaced one of the injectors. It was quoting 117% in Planet, compared to 83-85 and 94 for the others.

·
Registered
66 Posts
cck2k9 said:
aasgmhill, please could you post how you find out this on pps, step by step?

thanks,
To be honest it was my mate that ran PP and performed the testing and advised that Injector 2 needed replacing due to the analysis.

I'm going to "fixmymac" on Saturday to plug it up to PP so I will see if I can remember the steps we take then to look at them and post after that.

I've not been able to get my mate to plug it back up as he seems to have gone AWOL, hence why I am going to East Lothian on Saturday to plug it up to Kevan's system.

·
Registered
4,506 Posts
oh yeah now i remember talking to you about that....click :lol:

yeah no worries mate, if ya cant remember was just wondering in general.. :D

·
Registered
9,733 Posts
Asked a peugeot mechanic about this and he said it is impossible to tell with planet if injectors are going and he has been trained in this area, so i don`t know if rushing into changing injectors would be a good idea unless its coming up as a fault/leak.:nono:

·
Registered
66 Posts
BS
My mate deffo used PP at some point to analyse the car and showed me the 4 injectors running on his laptop. I could swear he only used PP but he has a whole load in his box of tricks.
He advised Injector 2 (closer to nearside was over fuelling and was correct as replacing the siemens injector there stopped my white smoke caused by over fuelling.

·
Registered
9,733 Posts
aasgmhill said:
BS
My mate deffo used PP at some point to analyse the car and showed me the 4 injectors running on his laptop. I could swear he only used PP but he has a whole load in his box of tricks.
He advised Injector 2 (closer to nearside was over fuelling and was correct as replacing the siemens injector there stopped my white smoke caused by over fuelling.
Well it did come from a Peugeot mechanic so i don`t know if that holds any water here from our experience.:eek:

·
Registered
4,506 Posts
it might not show if the injectors are failing but could it possibly show the efficiency of them? and if it has a rediculus % such as 117% means its not as it should be.

if ya know what i mean :D

1 - 20 of 28 Posts