Peugeot Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
76 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello

Peugeot 307 2003 1.4 8v manual

I had enough with my car engine, and I need to replace it ASAP. I am looking into replacing it with 1.6 8v one, but I am getting different responses from local mechanics.

What exactly will I need to replace in order for the car to be as good as original 1.6?

Engine mounts, throttle body, install new electric accelerator throttle pedal, manifolds, gearbox, ECU, BSI, catalytic converter, O2 sensors, wiring harness, other sensors/plugs......???

·
Registered
14,288 Posts
Pointless conversion both engines are gutless 16 16 valve engine is the best engine if you were going to all the trouble but it would be easier just to buy another car !

·
Registered
76 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Pointless conversion both engines are gutless 16 16 valve engine is the best engine if you were going to all the trouble but it would be easier just to buy another car !
I think transferring to 1.6 16v is a lot more troubles! can you tell me what I have to replace in both cases 8v and 16v ?

·
Registered
14,288 Posts
No more trouble you need the same parts regardless of what engine you fit they are all the same family but 16 valve engine is by far the most reliable only issues are generally belt failure which can be avoided and injector issues which you get on all versions anyway !

Engine and box complete with full harness still fitted ecu bsi and key head all from the same vehicle buying a full doner would be best option then scrap the leftovers once done

1 - 4 of 4 Posts